Help me find a stereo 3.5 mm replacement cable for M-Audio Q40 [pics inside]
Feb 3, 2012 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RPGWiZaRD

Headphoneus Supremus
I'd like to find some replacement cable with a length 1.2 m / 4-feet ~ 3 m / 10-feet for the M-Audio Q40 as the stock one isn't the best and it doesn't either fully fit with my ZO2 amp as the jacks are like 0.5mm inside the amp and the stock Q40 cable lacks the small ring around the base of the connector. Also the plugs of the cable has to be reasonably slim. Let these 3 pics illustrate my issues:

This cable both fits nicely with the amp and the headphones, it's just a bit too short, ~50 cm / 1.7 feet. Sound-wise it's nice though and since it fully goes in the soundstage is a lot more spacious and wider stereo image and the highs also have a bit more presence compared to the stock cable.

Any ideas where to look or what cable alternatives are there, I'm actually from europe and asked a local forum in my country but I'm asking here as well to try maximize my chances of finding a suitable replacement. I've looked around and went to around 4 stores in my town but couldn't find one that fills both requirement with the small ring around base as well as not having too thick plugs.

I can also add that I don't want a kevlar shielded wire either as the way this headphone is constructed it works almost like a microphone picking up noises very easily when the cable hits or rubs against something and with kevlar reinforced cable the rubbing against the clothes becomes a bit of a distraction when no music is playing.

Feb 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 2
If any1 got a spare cable from the Monoprice 8323 headphones, the thinner one they don't need I'd gladly buy that one, I'm pretty sure that would work nicely. :)

So yea so far I've found

Monoprice 8323 bundled slim cable to be an alternative, any others you can think of that meets above criterias?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back