Help me find a new set of headphones
Aug 12, 2016 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
Been using Philips X2s for a while and they are great but not practical for me.  They are bulky and the open design makes their usage to me limited.  Looking to swap them for something a bit more portable and usable for travel (planes etc.).  Budget is under $300 and I enjoy a "fun" soundstage.  Not looking for Beats but I do like a little bit of boom and energy.

I would appreciate recommendations.  I was also considering IEMs as an alternative.  Something like the RHA t20 maybe?  Or am I better off with cans?  I should add they will be used primarily with a cell phone.  No fancy sources for me.

Thanks!

Aug 12, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 3
You could get the AKG Y55, they are light weight, on ear, not huge cans, and should give you quality sound.
https://www.amazon.com/AKG-Y55-White-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B00LPR9FUS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=410UESMGRaL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL320_SR320%2C320_&psc=1&refRID=0VR713SNDDQDVQ9D8435

You could get the earbuds the previous member recommended, but I doubt you would get much bass response from them. I personally can't even wear earbuds, they don't fit my ears and always fall out, plus I always hated their terribly bass response. But then again I am a basshead, so anything less then head shaking bass is unacceptable lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back