Help me find a new headphone
Mar 23, 2016 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

PolkManiac

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have the Fidelio X2 and have been enjoying them since release date, but would like to see if I can move up the chain a little.  The problem is I've been out of the audio game for a while and haven't kept up with newer models and such, that's where I'm hoping you guys can help.

Essentially what I'm looking for is something that has a similar sound signature to the X2 (I tend to like a 'fun' sounding headphone that's very musical, nothing too laid back and nothing too clinical or thin sounding).  I want good bass (I'm ok if it's a tad loose like the X2 but nothing beyond that), good overall tonal balance, a top end that's a bit more natural sounding than the X2, and I still want the nice open soundstage that the X2 has.

I've just purchased an AK100II DAP and that will be my primary source, so ideally the headphone will work with the balanced connections on this player and be fairly easy to drive.

One obvious choice would be the AKt5p given the built in EQ for that headphone, so I'm hoping to find a way to listen to that model.  

Any other options or general comments you guys wanna throw out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back