Help me find a good pair of headphones!
Dec 16, 2009 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jnesses

New Head-Fier
I used to have some Shure IEM's but they crapped out on me, and I want to improve my audio.

I listen to classic rock/rock/pop/alternative/indie.
I also play many computer games, and would like your choice on a sound card also. Also I play some 360, and it would be nice to listen to my 360 while I listen with them.
I would prefer sound proof headphones, since college is coming up and it would help me greatly to have sound proof headphones (I don't want headphones that would make my ears hurt
frown.gif
)
If quality improves with open styled headphones, then I would consider those.
My music=not so good. Mostly itunes music.
I also would want to be able to listen to my ipod touch with the headphones.

It can't be more than $300, but you can always go less if need be .

I wouldn't know where to start, and I don't know if everything would work with one another. I don't have a clue on what sound card I should get,or if I should get one.

Headpones+Sound Card+ speakers or w/e for $300

Thank you,

Joseph

Dec 16, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 5
With the 360 using one of the cables that has opitcal out (not the composite cable) and connecting it to a DAC/headphone amp will improve sound. Many motherboards and sound cards also have a digital out.

I would suggest a good closed headphone for college. The D1001k is a good headphone that's the size of Bose. The D2000 is bigger and better but also costs more.

Dec 16, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the 360 using one of the cables that has opitcal out (not the composite cable) and connecting it to a DAC/headphone amp will improve sound. Many motherboards and sound cards also have a digital out.

I would suggest a good closed headphone for college. The D1001k is a good headphone that's the size of Bose. The D2000 is bigger and better but also costs more.

So I could connect it to a sound card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back