Help me find a good headphone setup please.
May 26, 2014 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

-Rellik-

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I have spent a few weeks now researching a good "audiophile" setup and I really would like some opinions on my unique needs. First of all I  have about $350 to spend. I am a PC gamer first so a good sound stage is pretty important, a movie watcher second and a music listener a distant third. I would like a set of headphones that are great for gaming but also sound good while watching a video. And last but not least I would like to use a amp dac combo if it is needed. I say this because I only have onboard sound. I am a complete noob when it comes to anything audio related but I do know that average sound is not good enough. I know this is not a lot of money to work with, but I would really appreciate any help you guys have. 

May 26, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Some Sennheiser HD558s and a Schiit Magni/Modi combo might be a good place to start your search.

May 27, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 3
  Hello everyone, I have spent a few weeks now researching a good "audiophile" setup and I really would like some opinions on my unique needs. First of all I  have about $350 to spend. I am a PC gamer first so a good sound stage is pretty important, a movie watcher second and a music listener a distant third. I would like a set of headphones that are great for gaming but also sound good while watching a video. And last but not least I would like to use a amp dac combo if it is needed. I say this because I only have onboard sound. I am a complete noob when it comes to anything audio related but I do know that average sound is not good enough. I know this is not a lot of money to work with, but I would really appreciate any help you guys have. 

Sound Blaster Z sound card, $85
AKG K612 Pro headphones, $167 new, $153 used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back