Help me find a good CD/MP3 player
Nov 9, 2003 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gobd

Head-Fier
I need a new CD/MP3 player (whatever the kind that play MP3s on a CD are called), i want one that is under 125$. It has to be able to use playlists also. I'd also like one that has the controls right on the unit and not on a remote, but i haven't found any so i don't know if they make ones like that anymore. Right now i'm looking at the SlimX iMP-350 and it looks like it has controls on the unit and a remote which is perfect.

Right now i've got a Rio SP100 and it is getting pretty old and the buttons aren't working very well anymore.

Thanks much for any help you can offer!

Nov 9, 2003 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 6
You're looking in the right direction
wink.gif

The iMP-350 would be your perfect partner. Its got the buttons on the player, a remote, supports
playlists (WinAmp ones, .m3u that is) and it sounds great. You could probably get one for under
a hundred bucks (actually, Amazon has it on sale for a very decent price. Don't know how
it would add up with shipping, but I think it's a good value.

And remember, if you're going to buy off Amazon, go through the link on Head-Fi's main page.
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 6
So are there any other companies that also make good MP3 CD players? There must be another company out there. The 350 even has free shipping
smily_headphones1.gif
I've got two 10$ amazon gift certificates coming soon so i want whatever i buy to be available at amazon.

Nov 9, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Gobd
So are there any other companies that also make good MP3 CD players? There must be another company out there. The 350 even has free shipping
smily_headphones1.gif
I've got two 10$ amazon gift certificates coming soon so i want whatever i buy to be available at amazon.

Unfortunately these days, most of the other companies that make MP3 CD players happen to be the very same big-brand-name ones that had been making non-MP3 CD players for many years - and their MP3 CD players all suffer from the very same "let's cut the costs and stretch out the battery life to the max" crap as their very recent non-MP3 portable CD players.

Nov 9, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 6
Sony makes some MP3/CD players aswell. Aiwa made a good one too (apparently, that's what bangraman
said
rolleyes.gif
). Panasonic also makes some. I hear the CT-800 from Panasonic is good, but like Sony's
D-CJ01, it doesn't have the FFWD through MP3 feature (a bit of a bummer, if you listen to long tracks).

Apart from that, the D-CJ01 is a very good value. I liked the sound of it, for the short time I had it
(returned it because of that non-FFWD thing.. figures).

Take a look around here for a list of some MP3CD players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back