Help me decide
Jul 31, 2009 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wedthree

New Head-Fier
ath-a700
ath-ad700
beyer dt770 pro 80ohm or 250 ohm ?
any one of these plus a zalman mic i will be purchasing a auzentech forte
Are these headphones good choices for fps, i need superb sound staging, which is the best ? PLEASE write back i really need help

Jul 31, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 9
please write some info...

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 9
I don't know where you are from, and if they are even for sale there, but there is a swedish company that makes a headset called Qpad QH-1339, they are essentially one of Beyerdynamics aviation phones custom for pc gaming. With worldwide shipping they are 340 euro.
You should look into that =)

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 9
DT770 250 ohm needs an amp, a good one. A700 is closed so sound stage will be lesser than the AD700 - which is probably the best choice listed here.

Gaming and the ability to extract soundstage maxes out a certain point with phones, arguably at around $200, give or take. Getting more expensive phones will not get more soundstage from the game files, as the simplicity of the FX can't be magicked into getting bigger and better.

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 9
The qpad phones probably needs an amp as well, but they come with some small usb thingy, I'm guessing that is supposed to drive them properly. It would make the auzentech dead plastic though.

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 9
The Qpad headset is way out of my price range, sorry for not putting one but probably $200 at the very most unless there is something that is totally worth it. what about about the dt770 pro or the JVC RX 700 or 900, i just mane to make sure i make the best purchase for my money.

Jul 31, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT770 250 ohm needs an amp, a good one. A700 is closed so sound stage will be lesser than the AD700 - which is probably the best choice listed here.

Gaming and the ability to extract soundstage maxes out a certain point with phones, arguably at around $200, give or take. Getting more expensive phones will not get more soundstage from the game files, as the simplicity of the FX can't be magicked into getting bigger and better.

how much will a closed design lessen the sound stage I will be in a dorm soon and if i want to play while my roommate is asleep at all i think this could be a problem, and are there any other headphones that you could recommend ?

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by wedthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much will a closed design lessen the sound stage I will be in a dorm soon and if i want to play while my roommate is asleep at all i think this could be a problem, and are there any other headphones that you could recommend ?

If someone's in the same room, you'd want to consider forgetting about finding the best soundstage, because open phones will be better for that, but audible for other people near you.

How much you'll give up is a question as long as a piece of string. I'll suggest looking at the DT250 80ohm, no amp required, but it responds well to one. I have them, and apparently their soundstage is pretty good for a closed, but I don't get the whole soundstage thing myself, even with my open phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back