Help me decide!
Sep 28, 2006 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ericx

100+ Head-Fier
Ok my Upgrade-itus is attacking me again. It has been months since my last purchase of the ksc-75 and i'm really enjoying it with any source. The reason i want to upgrade this time is i need a all-time headphone that will match my needs on my computer and valve amp source. My music preference are as follows:

pop/chinese 30%

rock 10%

rnb 30%

techno 15%

jazz/classical/instrumental15%

I have read and searched many threads regarding the hd580 and the hd595 and i still haven't come to an decision. I really need help!. Recently i have seen the 580 on special in my local area for the same price as the 595, this is what drives me to get the 580. But my music preferences in relation to the 580 and the fact i can't audition them is the only problem holding me back. I do want my music to have some good bass but not muddy that covers the rest of the details. The amount of bass in the ksc75 is enough for my requirements. So any of you's would help and give me some detailed advise? i will be deciding thoroughly as i'm planning to save up after this
plainface.gif

Actually we can disregard the genre of rock as i have my ms1 to improvise lol

Sep 28, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 2
Considering your music listening choice,

- if you are ready to spend >$100, go for HD595. This phone is versatile. Good for both instrumental, Classisc and Pop/Rock. I got mine for $155.

- if your budget is <100, go for Grado SR60 or Senn PX100. These phones have very good bright and full sound for the price.

- if your budget is >200, then go for AKG K701. It is balanced for all kind of music. I don't have this phone right now. I will buy one day. I have auditioned Senn HD600 but it has much laid back sound, which you will find boring for rock/pop/techno music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back