Help me decide: Woo WA5LE, Cavalli Liquid Fire, Apex Peak/Volcano or ?
Feb 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

givemevinyl

100+ Head-Fier
Before I left the headphone scene a few years ago, I was running a WA5LE with Sennheiser HD800 and Beyerdynamic T1, and then a HE-6 straight into a BAT VK55 speaker amp.  I miss it and want to set up another system.  I enjoyed the ortho and am looking at getting either the LCD-2r2 or HE-500.  Which of the amps I listed would you recommend?  I have some sentimental attachment to the Woo, but it's all about the sound.  Soundstage and imaging are important sonic attributes.  I've always struggled between wanting accuracy (without fatigue) and enjoying musicality.  I listen to 50% indie rock/pop, 30% americana/alt-country/etc and 20% small ensemble acoustic jazz.  My source is a VPI Classic turntable and a Shanling CDP that I bought with the intention of using it solely as a transport while I find a suitable DAC (which I haven't).

I'm open to other amp suggestions (in their league), but please keep in mind that I'm fairly set on the LCD-2r2 and HE-500.  But I could be convinced to go back to the HE-6 (and maybe even the HD800).

Thanks for any help with my indecision paralysis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back