Help me decide: UE Triple-fi or Superfreq
May 4, 2008 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

raffy

100+ Head-Fier
I think I have made up my mind, I am returning my Sleek SA6. Don't get me wrong, they are great IEMs but I found the mid-bass/mid-range and vocals a bit congested and that really bugs me. I am considering either the UE Triple-Fi or the Super Freqs. Both would cost me almost the same since I would have to get impressions done for the super freqs and I wanted to add Westone UM2 cables for the Freq too.

Which one would you suggest and why? I am looking for overall improved clarity and less congestion. Thanks!

May 4, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 6
I have both the TF and the SuperFreQs. I prefer the SuperFreQs, but if ordering again, I would instead get the FreQ Show
wink.gif

Now, if you still want the TF's, I am selling mine here in the forums as I don't need both
smily_headphones1.gif

Will

May 4, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 6
I would get the FreqShow but I heard that if played from an average quality unamped source, there is quite a bit of hiss (from Germania's review).

Will, what do you like more about the SuperFreqs vs. TF10?

May 4, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #5 of 6
Comfort. I happen to have a very narrow inner ear canal, so universals don't fit great for me. With the SuperFreQs, I have much better comfort, and they sound to me as good as the TF's.

The other Universal that I tried was the Shure SE530. These were physically smaller and had a better comfort, but their sound signature was not "natural" to me. They sounded like the higher frequencies were "attenuated", and when I listened to female voices, they did not sound "right". Once I got the TF's, within a day I decided to sell the SE530s and keep the TF's - they sound great!

Will

May 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 6
I preferred the sound of the UE TF10 pro over the Superfreqs as I thought the SF too fat in the lows/mids. I did like the custom fit though-much better than any universal. Both companies are great to deal with in case of any problems. I would like to try the Freqshow to see if the sound signature has been changed more to my liking. The first review is up and it would be good to follow this for awhile to see what the consensus might be. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back