Help me decide: Super fi 3 vs CX300
Jul 23, 2007 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HeadBanger

New Head-Fier
I can pick up a pair of Super fi 3 for 60 bucks on amazon , close to the price of the CX300's.

Isolation wise i don't really mind, the more the isolation the better, but then again I rather they be comfortable than isolation. I'll just be using these on my walk to school and on the bus for like 10 mins.

If i got the Super fi's I'd probably do the FS mod to help conceal them
Questions:

I listen to rock with sub genres of classic rock, punk, indie, screamo , etc.

I'm leaning to the super fi 3's since they have a more solid mid and high sound apparently, while the CX300's are more focused on the bottom end. Any suggestions between the two?

Side note: the EP630's cost about 30 bucks online, are they super fi's worth the greater invest , and likewise are the CX300's worth the greater expense as they look identical lol.

Thanks beforehand.
smily_headphones1.gif
<---- Loving these smiles.

Jul 23, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 8
EP630 is very much worth the money you pay for it ... around $35 for me. I really dunno why ppl buy the CX300 when the EP630 is basically the same thing (right?).

Unfortunately I haven't heard the SF3 so I can't comment on it.

Jul 24, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 8
I have both and the UE Super.fi 3s blow away the Sennheisers, but only when connected to a good quality source. With lower quality sources, like most inexpensive MP3 players, while they will still beat the CX300s, they may be lacking bass too much and will also sound a bit muddier than the CX300s, but still richer and more natural. The Super.fi 3s have a lot more potential though - when connected to my PC's Audigy 2 ZS soundcard with kxproject drivers, my UE Super.fi 3s sound even better than Senn PX100 IMO, but unfortunately most MP3 players I have tried them with, except for iRiver Clix and a few others, cannot make them sound even remotely as good. In any case however, they are still better than the CX300s not only in terms of SQ, but also in build quality. With the CX300 you will get lots of annoying microphonic effects, because their wires are not as well insulated as Super.fi wires.
So overall, I definitely recommend the Super.fi 3s over the CX300s. They will be better no matter where you connect them, but plug them into a quality soundcard or an amp, and they won't sound like wimpy, cheap in-ears anymore, but more like similarly priced full-sized cans.
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #8 of 8
I can tell you CX300 are very very very harsh! with decent bass and mids, strong highs, but really really agressive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back