Help me decide. Portable amp for Rio Karma + UE-10 Pro
May 25, 2004 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 18
The problem with him spending the much money on an amp is he's still has to use the heaphone out. If you going to get the best sound, it would be better to get a player that has a line-out and some form of lossless compression before spending money on xp-7 or the sr-71. The sr-71 is probably better than the xin amp but the xp-7 starts to get too big to really carry around everywhere.

I have the PPA w/battery board which offers even better sound than the xp-7 but I leave it at home because it still didn't make sense to carry it around when I can shove my ipod in my pocket. Plus the difference is not drastic enough to hear while walking.

The bigger portable amps are better for taking to work or on a plane but for walking I'd say either no amp or the xin or sr-71 (which I still think is too big to use with the ipod).

May 25, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #18 of 18
I have the Rio and it has a line out on the base but I dont see this as a viable portable option.

I agree that using a headphone out with a high quality amp is overkill...defeats the purpose...Dont use an amp at all
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back