Help me decide on which headphones to get?
Apr 1, 2014 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Rezound Sound

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of headphones that I can get <$250. I listen to a good amount of bass heavy music, but I don't want the bass to overpower the other sounds. Overall, I just want a pair of comfortable headphones that sound great. I'm thinking between the Sennheiser Momentum, the V-Moda XS, the V-Moda M-100, and the Monser DNA Pro. I've heard good reviews about all of these but I'm not sure which ones I should go with. I have tried on the Momentum's, LP2's (my only experience with V-Moda), and the DNA Pro's and they are all pretty comfortable.
I would mostly be using these while walking around campus and just sitting in my dorm room. Isolation is not a huge issue for me. Any input?

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 6
  Well if you like rock and live music I would suggest you try Grado

I would too, but he is using them outdoors. And comfort is an issue.

V-Moda XS seem pretty good for what you need. 

The M100's are a bit overpowering bass. 
The Momentum's have slightly too small earcups to be comfortable for long listening sessions. 

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #4 of 6
The Momentum's have slightly too small earcups to be comfortable for long listening sessions. 

This totally depends on your ear size.
If your ears are around 65mm tall and don't stick out so much, you should be able to wear them ALL DAY comfortably.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 6
I listened to the Momentum's at Best Buy earlier and they don't have enough bass for my taste. I'm deciding not to get them. Now I'm thinking between the XS and the M-100. I think I'm going to go with the M-100 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back