Help me decide on a DAC to get!?
Jul 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Mediahound

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a DAC to use on my Macbook Pro computer. It needs to use USB input and have a line out. Also a digital audio out like dig. coax or optical out may be useful so that I can interface it with my AV Receiver. But I guess if it's a high quality DAC, I could just use it's own line outs when plugging into my stereo system.

I already have a separate headphone amp so it does not necessarily need to have a headphone amp/jack but it certainly can and I would use that instead of connecting up the portable headphone amp I already have to it.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure where to even look although I have looked at the Headroom Micro DAC so far. It has the line out but not RCA (just 1/8") nor digital outs.

Jul 27, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 13
i would suggest typing all the features you want into google and hitting enter. or maybe just keep changing what you're search until you come up with some results. or possibly reposting this in other areas. good luck

Jul 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 13
V-Dac
DacMagic
EMU 0404
Ibasso D10
Audio gd Compass
Little Dot Dac

etc.

how about giving us a projected budget

*waits for someone to recommend a Benchmark DAC*

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for all the suggestions! Benchmark HDR sure looks great.

that just made my day

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #9 of 13
Highly recommend the RWA Isabellina!
smile.gif

I have been using one with my MacBook Pro for 1 year now and absolutely love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back