help me decide on ~$200 speaker cables
Oct 28, 2009 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
so many choices... need some advice/opinions!

here are the top contenders right now:

Zu Wax
Cardas Quadlink 5C
Kimber Kable 8TC
Audio Art SC-5
MIT AVT-1
Anti-Cables

setup:

pc -> peachtree decco -> emotiva upa-2 -> b&w nautilus 805

dont want to argue about whether or not it makes a difference vs my current monoprice cables... i'm pretty set on upgrading

if you've owned any of these cables please comment! other suggestions would be appreciated as well

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Step 1: Buy 20 feet of Neotech 12 gauge OCC copper wire from partsconnexion
Step 2: Strip its ends after cutting it into 4 pieces
Step 3: Connect up the terminals
Step 4: Win

Optional: Twist wires together into a pair for left & right. If it's 12 gauge wire, it will surely hold together on its own accord...

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 6
You'll want some nice copper speaker cables to go with those B&Ws. Kimber and Cardas are both good but the Kimber can usualy be found for pretty cheap. If it were me, I'd diy and save my cash for something else but if you don't want to do this, Kimber used, offers good bang for the buck for commercial cables.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Step 1: Buy 20 feet of Neotech 12 gauge OCC copper wire from partsconnexion
Step 2: Strip its ends after cutting it into 4 pieces
Step 3: Connect up the terminals
Step 4: Win

Optional: Twist wires together into a pair for left & right. If it's 12 gauge wire, it will surely hold together on its own accord...

do you have a link? i cant find neotech on their website

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll want some nice copper speaker cables to go with those B&Ws. Kimber and Cardas are both good but the Kimber can usualy be found for pretty cheap. If it were me, I'd diy something and save my cash for something else but if you don't want to do this, Kimber used, offer good bang for the buck for commercial cables.

thanks for the info... i was thinking of buying used anyway

is there much difference between kimber 8tc and 4tc? besides the price of course..

Oct 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Neotech Wire

That's the link to the Neotech wire. It's solid core so it's stiff as a mofo; it wouldn't be my choice but Neotech does sound good if you can put up with it.

The difference between the 4TC and the 8TC is basically that the 8TC is double the "size". Instead of 8 conductors total (13awg per +/-), there are 16 conductors total (9awg per +/-). I'd personally go with the 8TC but if practicality and bang for the buck is what you're going for, the 4TC would probably be the better choice. Of course you could save yourself a bundle of money and just buy a small spool of Canare 4S11 and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back