Help me decide between Maverick A1 + D1, Fiio E9K + E17, or Schiit Magni + Modi
Apr 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Juantxo

New Head-Fier
I'm very new to the whole world of DACS and AMPS, for me it used to be just a computer plugged to some logitech speakers.
For my birthday I bought a good pair of headphones, akg550, and my wife gave me an entry level very simple vinyl record player an AT-L60 (which has a prebuilt preamp) along with some records, right now I have this turntable simply plugged in to a phillips ipod speaker through the Line in connection.
I also have an iMac with my lossless files, and I just use the imac speakers
So what I want to do now is try to centralize my Imac, the record player and headphones; along with some bookshelf speakers (that i will get in a very near future) into one unit that can power both my headphones and speakers (passive or active)

How much you think a simple turntable as this can benefit of using one of these options.

So far I’ve seen some options around my budget

Fiio e9k and e17   I read these are great, but I don’t know if they will power speakers, or if it has an output for them
Also will I be able to plug my turntable to the E9K and through it listen using speakers/headphones?

Schiit Modi and Magni I've read good things about those; but I believe they are pretty much limited to just amplify headphones right?

Maverick D1 and A1
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the A1 since is a Power AMP will help me connecting my turntable and computer. Power my headphones and PASSIVE speakers, but I wont benefit from a DAC in this unit

And the D1 will allow me to plug both my inputs computer and turntable; Ill be able to convert the sound from the computer into and analog, leaving the analog source of my turn table intact and just amplify it, but this D1 WON'T power passive speakers right?    will it power Active speakers?
I would really like to know what would be the better of these options or others you might have for my purposes. 
Thanks so much for your help

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 4
If you're going to power speakers, consider just buying a receiver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back