Help me chosing, mdr v55, mdr 7506, mdr v6 or ath m40x?
Nov 20, 2016 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

lehuy

New Head-Fier
im looking for a new headphone under 100$ for electronic music and bright vocal (i dont like the sony xtra bass, its too bad at high-mid)

im using walkman a35, no extend amp or dac

can you guys recommend me some headphones?
thank you

Nov 20, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 6
The Sony MDR-V6 and MDR-7506 are studio monitors, more for analyzing music, then music enjoyment.
If some people enjoy their music using the V6 or 7506, that's fine.

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 6
I own and rather enjoy music w/ my MDR-V6's ...however the fixed long coiled cable makes them something of a disaster for mobile use.

Personally I think of the choices you have mentioned the ATH-M40X's are the best as they have the detachable cable (comes with 3 cables I think ...or at least that what came with my M50X's (long coiled, long straight and for mobile use short straight).   

The M50X's are honestly more robustly built, but the M40X's are not bad in that regard ..probably on par with the V6's .. The M50's probably have more bass than you are looking for ..but the M40X's have less and many seem to like their sound more.

I think the removable cable really makes the M40X's what you should pick....  I sometimes take my V6's out and about with me and the long coiled cable is just a drag.... and a tripping hazard sometimes
rolleyes.gif
.         I think I will do a removable cable mod on my V6's soon because the coilded cable drives me nutz.

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 6
  I own and rather enjoy music w/ my MDR-V6's ...however the fixed long coiled cable makes them something of a disaster for mobile use.

Personally I think of the choices you have mentioned the ATH-M40X's are the best as they have the detachable cable (comes with 3 cables I think ...or at least that what came with my M50X's (long coiled, long straight and for mobile use short straight).   

The M50X's are honestly more robustly built, but the M40X's are not bad in that regard ..probably on par with the V6's .. The M50's probably have more bass than you are looking for ..but the M40X's have less and many seem to like their sound more.

I think the removable cable really makes the M40X's what you should pick....  I sometimes take my V6's out and about with me and the long coiled cable is just a drag.... and a tripping hazard sometimes
rolleyes.gif
.         I think I will do a removable cable mod on my V6's soon because the coilded cable drives me nutz.

so what about the v55, is this good?

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #6 of 6

isn't the V55 another Extra bass headphone??...  I thought you said you'd not been liking that in your current headphones?

honestly I have never laid hands on the V55 so I have no idea on that one.

it said that v55 is a DJ headphone, i think it isnt xtrabass
sadly, the v55 no more available in my country, i can only buy it from another country so i cant test it myself
btw, thanks for replying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back