Help me choosing my firs amp!
May 16, 2007 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bolardito

500+ Head-Fier
I'm planning on getting my first amp. I curreently use a Crerative Zen Vision M with Shure E500 IEM's. I will probably get the Tomahawk or maybe I'll get a Minibox E which is considerably cheaper. Which one do you recommend according to what I'm using? Is the Minibox E good enough?

Also Which cables should I buy? I have the line out dock that comes with the Zen Vision. Should I buy a mini to mini cable to use with this dock or do I need to buy an LOD cable that goes straight from the Zen to the Amp, and if so, which cable would you recommend? I checked the Qables website and they have customized Zen Vison Cables. Are this good?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm kind of confused. I really appreciate your help!

May 16, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 6
For my first amp, I choose the Hornet. I bought a line out cable from ALO Audio. I am really thrilled with the sound quality. I highly recommend a Ray Samuels amp if you can afford it. The Tomahawk would be a great match for the Shure E500.

May 17, 2007 at 4:07 AM Post #5 of 6
Get the best amp that your budget will allow, you will save more if you upgrade in future. I believe the Tomahawk is able to drive some full sized headphones reasonably well as well if you decide to buy some full sized headphones in future.
Get the Tomahawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back