Help me choose.
Dec 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ahddm

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I have been looking around on the forums here and asking opinions of a few audiophiles I know on what is the best starting headphone for my uses, I play games, listen to classical, and electronic music, so it is pretty broad. I am looking to spend less than $120 as my budget is a little tight now. I do not play audio at high volumes so that is not a concern. I will also not be using an amp and just be going with my laptops supposedly Nvida High Definition Sound card. My main concern is I want to feel as if the music is around me so I definitely want a good Soundstage.

I have narrowed it down to 4 choice between reviews and what I have seen here.

In no certain order:
1) Grado SR80i
2) Sennheiser HD-280
3) Koss Pro4AAAT
4) Koss MV1
5) Audio Technica ATH-AD700

So please give me your opinions on each of these headphones, or any other headphones you believe are worth considering.
beyersmile.png

Sorry if I am beating a
deadhorse.gif
here.

P.S. I love the smileys on this forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 5
I'd suggest the Audio Technica ATH-AD700's
Great soundstage, good for electronic music, although most people do consider them bass light.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 5
try AD700. Very airy & open - great for games & classic. Maybe I belong to one who find them a little bass weak (i have ultrasones - maybe that's the reason), but they are very nice set for their money. I used hd280pros on one tv-production company. Good, but headband broke soon. Not sure whether it's only my problem

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 5
I'll leave the recommendations to others but I'll advise against the sr80i. It has a good soundstage but is not really suited to classical. Or electronic for that matter but it is particularly flawed with orchestral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back