Help me choose
Feb 9, 2009 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

abitdeef

Formerly known as ihatepopupads
Headphoneus Supremus
Well I have decided to upgrade my shure e530 instead of getting another amp. I love the sound straight out of my sony S630 sansa fuze and my ipod touch 2g. I rarely listen to full sized cans and would like a killer iem. I know the shure is a good iem, but shure just sent my a new pair on warranty and I think I'm going to sell them to help me offset the cost of the new ones. And I would like to try something new
smily_headphones1.gif

I like detail and separation first and would like a better treble response. I have narrowed it down to the westone 3 and senn. ie8. Triple fi are out due to the fit. I am leaning towards the IE8 because I am a little scared with what I have heard about the harsh highs and build quality. But haven't counted then out, especially since the ie8 are so much $$$ here, 450.00.

I would like to know specifically from someone who has listened to the e530 and the ie8, do the ie8 have better treble response (seems there are mixed views on this). And do the ie8 bring out more detail then the e530. I am sure the 3's have more detail and treble, but I don't want to lose the organic lushness/soundstage the e530 have.

Thanks !!!
Scott.

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 4
while i have never listened to the shures, i have the IE8s, and can tell you that the treble response is fantastic. At least with the music i listen to, i dont hear any harsh highs either. I owned a pair of Grados in the past, but had to sell them because the highs were so painfully harsh to my ears, so i can say that the senns arent bad at all.

Its hard to tell from your "location" in your profile, but you live in the US, right? i cant tell if its Ohio or Florida lol

If so, try NCIXUS.com. i think we recently ran them out of stock because we have been spreading the word about their awesome prices, but the restocking wait time is totally worth it. I think their unshipped price is <230 USD at the moment.

Good luck, and i hope you get the IE8s. They are an amazing pair of headphones that do not disappoint

Feb 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by inukage0029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
while i have never listened to the shures, i have the IE8s, and can tell you that the treble response is fantastic. At least with the music i listen to, i dont hear any harsh highs either. I owned a pair of Grados in the past, but had to sell them because the highs were so painfully harsh to my ears, so i can say that the senns arent bad at all.

Its hard to tell from your "location" in your profile, but you live in the US, right? i cant tell if its Ohio or Florida lol

If so, try NCIXUS.com. i think we recently ran them out of stock because we have been spreading the word about their awesome prices, but the restocking wait time is totally worth it. I think their unshipped price is <230 USD at the moment.

Good luck, and i hope you get the IE8s. They are an amazing pair of headphones that do not disappoint

Thanks for the reply, I live in both sates lol, I think I might try amazon just in case I don't like the sound sig. for the easy return. But these sound like they will fit the bill The shures are a tiny bit rolled off in the treble, but have good detail and a nice soundstage for an iem. The ie8 sound like they extend well and are smooth and liquid and detailed. I don't think the fit will be an issue for me as the medium sony tips have always worked for me.

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 4
liquid is about the best word to describe a well burned-in pair of IE8s. The sound just kind of flows out of them. And i dont hear any rolloff of the highs, but ive been wrong in that category before. For me, soundstage, low-mids, and lower-highs are the parts of an IEM that really make the difference, but no part of the IE8 really disappoints

Users who are viewing this thread

Back