Help me choose wisely!!! Momentum m2 (wired) vs hd25-1 II + dt770 80ohm or hd25 + ath-m50x or m50x + dt770
Jul 30, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #16 of 24
  I haven't tried all the others. I'm just a sheep because I have one. I suggest you sit and compare the headphones at a local place. 

If not, just buy the momentums. Pray to Lady Impulse Luck!

Returns are getting more and more expensive from day to day.... unfortunately my headphone purchases are usually made in places like amazon or thomann.... there's not many stores here in Portugal to try headphones and the ones that exist dont have any headphones that are worth it.... Its impossible almost impossible to find any store selling audio technica or beyerdynamic headphones here....

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #17 of 24
If you liked the original momentums you'll like the new ones they fit better and sound better. I never enjoyed either of them as they bout got returned. I even liked the b&w p7 better, just goes to show how everybody's taste is different

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #20 of 24
Which one do you like most? Based on your preference, which rank best and which one the less?

Maybe.... Hd25, momentum 2.0, momentum, ath m50x and dt770 in last. Not that the dt770 is inferior to the hd25 or m50x but i dont like thei sound signature very much, its bit more focused on the highs and therefore more steryle (maybe clearer to some). I like a more weel rounded, warmer sound overall without sacrificing clarity but powerfull sounding at the same time. Thats why i like the hd25 so much for instance even thougj the momentums are overall better. Yhe hd25 is super punchy, powerfull sounding and clear at the same time. For metal and edm the hd25 is amazing. The newer m50x is closer to the hd25 now in terms of signature (the non x m50 was clearly more weird, almost plasticky sounding and more v shaped) but it has a somewhat stronger (maybe a tad too much for my liking) bass but also a bit more loose.

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #21 of 24
Stick with what you like, until you hear something better at some demo or something. A hd25 + 770.80 is not a bad one two punch.

I would be happy if i could score a hd25 with aluminum cups, thats for sure.

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #22 of 24
Stick with what you like, until you hear something better at some demo or something. A hd25 + 770.80 is not a bad one two punch.

I would be happy if i could score a hd25 with aluminum cups, thats for sure.

I had the amperior.... i much prefer the hd25. The alus must be better but i like the hd25 the way it is. The dt770 sounds a bit to steryle for my taste. I ditched the mdr v6 for the same reason.

Right now i also have a hd600. Hd25, momentum over ear and hd600.... i think i am covered for now.... i will probably sell the dt770 to fund a dslr since i have a baby on the way.... :)

Jan 21, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #24 of 24
I believe in read somewhere on your impression for M1 vs M2. Is it a big different between the two or just due outcome of bigger earpad altering the sound?

I am actually using both right now.....

They are not that similar as many like to claim. Well....Yes they are both warm and fun and mostly the sound signature is very similar but the m2 sounds widder with more clarity on the highs, tighter punch and a overall not as warm sounding. Imagine like the momentum 1 is heading towards the hd25 sound signature, a litte brighter, clearer and alittle punchier.... soundstage is also a bit wider of course due to the bigger pads.

On one hand this changes are good because the momentum 2 does not feel as congested and warm tinted as on the 1.0, but on the other hand, despite sounding a bit more colored, the momentum 1 vocals seem to sound fuller and more upfront.

So resuming, momentum 2 sounds clearer, brighter, punchier, wider but the vocals seems a tiny bit more on the back and not as full on the momentum m2. Keep in mind we are talking about marginal differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back