Help me choose the right headphone!
Apr 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #16 of 41
  Guys i think the K550 is not the right headphone for me...
i think its not the most 'worth it' for its price range
and the shape.... i don't like it.

It should be about the sound and not the looks, my friend.  Good luck to you though.

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #17 of 41
  It should be about the sound and not the looks, my friend.  Good luck to you though.

who said i'm talking about the looks? imo it HAS the best looks, but my head just doesn't agree with me.
my head much more prefers the sennheiser's oval shaped earpads.

also i think we're way out off topic, should i just end this?
well If anyone want to comment, please answer the OP, and don't reply to any repliers even my comments

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #18 of 41
Unfortunately, engineering can't give you everything. The product with everything you want will be too expensive, and anything confined to a budget is going to have compromises. If the K550's don't look right, then I think you'll either have to save up for a higher budget or wait for someone to design something that fits better.

You might have another couple options, though.

1. Buy used. You might be able to find a better pair of headphones within your budget if you're willing to wear something that someone else has used before.

2. Check your other sound equipment/software. Since you're specifically looking for enemy footsteps, you might just need a good sound card or to set up your audio so that the positional effects are calculated properly..

Apr 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #19 of 41
who said i'm talking about the looks? imo it HAS the best looks, but my head just doesn't agree with me.

my head much more prefers the sennheiser's oval shaped earpads.

Have you tried them? Because they are very comfortable. The oval shape of the Senn design may "squish" your ears like the M50s. Be sure to try some Senns make certain that the oval design is not a comfort problem.

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #21 of 41

What about the Beyer DT770?
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396980777&sr=8-2&keywords=Beyerdynamic
not available in my country sorry :/
no beyers for me.

not available in my country :/
sorry no beyers for me...
Quote:
Have you tried them? Because they are very comfortable. The oval shape of the Senn design may "squish" your ears like the M50s. Be sure to try some Senns make certain that the oval design is not a comfort problem.

i haven't tried the AKG by any means but i already tried oval shaped headhones with various paddings and still i prefer them.
also please stop talking about the K550's, i already said they are out of my price range. i need next suggestons.

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #23 of 41
also please stop talking about the K550's, i already said they are out of my price range. i need next suggestons.

Except they're not out of your budget. Except their huge circular pads are way more comfortable than any oval-shape pads. Except they're the only viable closed headphone with decent soundstage in your budget.

We get that there's something off-putting about the K550s to you and that's fine. Most buyers are irrational anyway and follow their gut instinct. Why don't you admit this instead of 1. being a bit rude and 2. arguing how the K550s don't match your criteria when they actually fit them like a glove?

And people have already listed other alternatives - I guess you don't "like" them either. Then what's the point of coming to this forum and asking for our advice in the first place if in the end you won't consider them?

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #25 of 41

Except they're not out of your budget. Except their huge circular pads are way more comfortable than any oval-shape pads. Except they're the only viable closed headphone with decent soundstage in your budget.

We get that there's something off-putting about the K550s to you and that's fine. Most buyers are irrational anyway and follow their gut instinct. Why don't you admit this instead of 1. being a bit rude and 2. arguing how the K550s don't match your criteria when they actually fit them like a glove?

And people have already listed other alternatives - I guess you don't "like" them either. Then what's the point of coming to this forum and asking for our advice in the first place if in the end you won't consider them?

ok sorry if i'm rude, i'm a new guy here and to audio.i live in a third world country, in south east asia
next i don't want people shoving me up a product that i already say i don't want.
also i'm the original poster here, all commenters should listen to what the topic is about.
oh yeah to be honest, i joined many forums on the net but i seriously think this forum as the most unpleasing, like most of you don't know how to standard yourselves to a standard you never were.
(sorry if this hurt your feelings, but i'm telling the truth from an average guy perspective)

and lastly, i'm here for suggestions, not a bunch of guys who gangs up on me to make me like a black sheep in the audio universe.
NOW PLEASE EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.
redface.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #26 of 41
Here's the thing: very few headphones meet your criteria. I'm not sure if there is a single closed headphone with oval pads and a great soundstage for under $200 out there. So you're going to have to make some compromises.

Have you looked at the gaming headphone guide I linked to on the first page of this thread? That should give you some ideas.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #27 of 41

ok sorry if i'm rude, i'm a new guy here and to audio.i live in a third world country, in south east asia
next i don't want people shoving me up a product that i already say i don't want.
also i'm the original poster here, all commenters should listen to what the topic is about.
oh yeah to be honest, i joined many forums on the net but i seriously think this forum as the most unpleasing, like most of you don't know how to standard yourselves to a standard you never were.
(sorry if this hurt your feelings, but i'm telling the truth from an average guy perspective)

and lastly, i'm here for suggestions, not a bunch of guys who gangs up on me to make me like a black sheep in the audio universe.
NOW PLEASE EVERYBODY CALM DOWN.
redface.gif

Because the consensus is on a product you happen to dislike, we're being bullies? A lot of constructive things have been said already in the thread yet you've chosen to ignore all that was said, saying it's irrelevant to the OP and unhelpful. 

You asked for suggestions, and you got one - the K550. You were also recommended several other headphones and other threads to look into. Do as you like.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #28 of 41

oh well,  i thought that this was the best forums for headphones intelligence :/
i guess not now...
still, thread not closed, i want to get the most out of my search.

It is, that isn't the issue here. As the posters above me said, there is very little that meets your criteria, and this fixation on having oval pads over something else at this price range is ridiculous, compromise or be stuck with what you have. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #29 of 41
ok let me get this clear. there's no 'right' headphones for me
frown.gif

why is it just the AKG K550?
from what i know there are lots of headphones to choose from but why recommend me one product?, and also its coming from a forum that knows most about audio.
aren't there any other headphones that meets my criteria?
how about the sennheiser HD380 pro?
oh yeah if you read the original post, i'm not looking for the best soundstage for a closed headphones...

Because the consensus is on a product you happen to dislike, we're being bullies? A lot of constructive things have been said already in the thread yet you've chosen to ignore all that was said, saying it's irrelevant to the OP and unhelpful. 

You asked for suggestions, and you got one - the K550. You were also recommended several other headphones and other threads to look into. Do as you like.

you yourself don't even get what i'm saying, i love AKG K550, DT770 and pretty much any headphone that you guys recommend to me, but they are OUT of my criteria of what i'm looking for hence why i made this topic, seeing if there are headphones that meets my criteria.

TL;DR, i'm looking for suggestionS with an s in the end that means i need multiple choices, not just one (AKG K550) ...
and if you guys are confused of what is the right headphones for me even if you know many headphones, then why not just tell me '' There's no headphones that meets my criteria.''

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #30 of 41
  ok let me get this clear. there's no 'right' headphones for me
frown.gif

why is it just the AKG K550?
from what i know there are lots of headphones to choose from but why recommend me one product?, and also its coming from a forum that knows most about audio.
aren't there any other headphones that meets my criteria?
how about the sennheiser HD380 pro?
oh yeah if you read the original post, i'm not looking for the best soundstage for a closed headphones...

you yourself don't even get what i'm saying, i love AKG K550, DT770 and pretty much any headphone that you guys recommend to me, but they are OUT of my criteria of what i'm looking for hence why i made this topic, seeing if there are headphones that meets my criteria.

TL;DR, i'm looking for suggestionS with an s in the end that means i need multiple choices, not just one (AKG K550) ...
and if you guys are confused of what is the right headphones for me even if you know many headphones, then why not just tell me '' There's no headphones that meets my criteria.''

Multiple were posed, you just failed to consider them, I myself suggested the ath a900x and soundmagic hp100. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back