HELP me choose some earphones Please...
Jul 21, 2011 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

NiceguyDave

New Head-Fier
Hello All
I need some help choosing some earphones Please... I have about £50-£75 to spend on some earphones

I have a iphone 4 and ipod touch i listen to Hip Hop Rap Rnb pop style music... 

Recently i bought the tried the klipsch s4i at a store.
I loved the clear crisp sound and the price was right however felt it lacked the low end bass...Maybe to strong in the high notes not sure...
The bass was there and it is punchy but cant put my finger on it. The bass lacks the deep drive that rocks the brain.. Im not a bass mad person hence liked the Klispch but feel it has something missing...
I tried them for about 30mins and they where a demo pair so been through some hours of play....

Please can i have some help choosing a suitable pair? If i have to pay a little more for better sound i will Do...

Thank you

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm getting sick of replying to these 1-post members who come for nothing else than their own means.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/earbuds

You said earphones so I assume you mean earbuds and not IEM's.

Because I like to assume that you were decent enough to read a little of the site before posting your topic.

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #3 of 8
Well nice guy dave, until my meal is ready i can help a bit. The first iem that pops in my mind is the brainwavz M2. Great bass and a bit better than the s4. 
So go for them or or the fischer audio eterna rev1.
Read more here
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-183-iems-compared-soundmagic-e10-added-7-20#post_6492044

When you decide let me know so i help you were to buy them from.

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #4 of 8
When I hear "earphones" I think earbuds and IEM's together.

For earbuds, I'd recommend the Yuin OK2 or Sony E888 (good luck finding one)

For IEM's, if you listen to that kind of music and didn't think the bass was enough in the Klipsch S4.... hmmm.... A-Jays Two perhaps, not sure.

Angelopsaro's advice is good too, and check out the multi-iem-review thread he linked, happy reading!

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 8
I'd also like to suggest the Xears TDIII Blackwood V2. Great deep bass, good clarity and forward mids. And they can be had for 38 euros (shipping included) by using discount coupon on the Xears website.

Other than that Eterna V1 should be great too. Compared to the TDIII, they have wider soundstage but more recessed mids. They are definitely a fun musical IEM.

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #6 of 8
Thank you for your answers guys...

what do you all think of the klipsch s4i Im not an expert but i think the bass is not as good as others... Its would help me understand if my view is the same as others...

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #8 of 8
If you felt bass was lacking on S4i then i will recommend these IEMs Monster Trubine(textured, deep, fast bass), Sony MDR-EX510(after some burn in these produce deep punchy bass, highely recommended), Sony XB40EX, JVC FX500(superb deep reverbing bass and wide soundstage) and M2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back