Help me choose some budget music headphones please!!! (PX-100 ii / 202 vii)
Feb 13, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #18 of 22
While the px-100s are insanely comfortable, light, and have excellent presentation and that open sound/feel, I dislike them because you can feel the bass vibrations right next to your skull because of its boosted bass and light weight, but i think a lot of people might actually prefer that, especially I think if you are into rap/hip hop style music.

Maybe I just dont like bass that much, cans that i hear others complaining about lack of bass response and so forth are perfectly fine for me. 
These things are built really well. There is a steel reinforcement to the headband, and the cups swivel 90 degrees for storage/neck use. I've personally seen the px-100 as the headset that museums give out for audio tours, they must be rugged to survive public abuse. 

I bought them when I was stuck in a country that doesnt really have online shopping and had to buy whatever was available at retail. Once i bought them I realized that 1. I never really want to use closed headphones ever again if I can avoid it and 2. It can be really hard to hear open cans with a noisy ambient environment. For that reason I always pack the px-100 in my bag, and prefer to use it, but I also always have a closed can or in-ears in there as backup. 

As a caveat though, If i still lived a foot-commuter lifestyle right now Id probably get better IEMs, a hd-25ii or a vmoda m80.

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #19 of 22
MMh i don't listen to hip hop or rap, but i guess i'll be fine with lot of bass. There are not many other cans around this price range, only the 238 precision, but i hav some 220 n 228 and even though they're light and u can barely feel u're wearin em, i hav to constantly place the cups well cos they don't stay in place.
I've seen 202 ii /203 those similar to the epic hd 497 but atm i prefer better sound quality and smaller cans.

PS: in my store px 100 ii white are like 29 $ when the black ones are 42$. I guess it's cos purchases over 35$ get free shipping, or cos black ones are more demanded.. i want blacks :frowning2:

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #20 of 22
Any1 here who have tried the hd 238 precision n the px 100-ii? Not sure if worth paying that bit more for the 238 if it's an step over the px100s.
I have the hd 220 adidas n 228 and i'm not really satisfied with em.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
Any1 here who have tried the hd 238 precision n the px 100-ii? Not sure if worth paying that bit more for the 238 if it's an step over the px100s.
I have the hd 220 adidas n 228 and i'm not really satisfied with em.

I very briefly tried comparing the HD 228 with the PX 100-ii in a store earlier and I preferred the PX 100-ii...not sure about  the 223 though, I've never tried them.  You  may want to ask in Joker's portable reviews thread, he'll be able to answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back