Help me choose: Sennheiser HD215 vs Sennheiser HD449
Jul 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

d00mhammers

Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I'm currently looking for a new set of headphones and im trying to choose between Sennheiser HD215 and Sennheiser HD449 but I cannot decide which of the two is better, in terms of technical characteristics they seem quite similar. My main focus for use would be music, movies, gaming. I listen to various genres ranging from classical music, some techno, rock, some metal, some dubstep etc. Which of the two is better and why? A friend of mines is getting me those from abroad and he is coming back within a couple of days so i need to give him an answer soon. Please help me out since i couldnt find any thread comparing these two models. 

Regards

Jul 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 3
if those are the only two options, I would go with the HD449

Edit: to be honest they are fairly similar, in the end I would go with the one that suits your needs best. If the coiled cord and swivel earcups are of good use to you, go with the HD215. If you prefer the lightweight and probably more comfortable headphones, go with the HD449. of course looks also matter, and honestly the HD215 is horrendous.

Just remember the biggest flaw of these two is the same: bass punch isn't the best, so rock is barely there, and certainly lacking for a full techno/dubstep/etc experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back