Help me Choose my all in one amp/dac
Oct 6, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 2
Depends on what kind of source you are using and whether or not you want a solid-state (realistic sounding) or hybrid-tube (smoother sounding) amplifier in your AIO audio unit. If you want flexibility in having a realistic (solid-state) or smoother (hybrid-tube) from the flick of a switch and all of your sources are digital, then the iFi iDSD Pro will work. If you want a realistic (solid-state) sound and you have a digital USB and/or a analog RCA source, then the Violetric V226 will work. If you are just using a desktop/laptop and just want a great sound that you can possibly EQ later for certain genres, then I would just pick the Violetric V226 for its company dedication to creating the most enjoyable audio at its price. Yes, iFi audio is also a great company, but the HE-1000v1 that I heard a few years back demanded a lot of clean power from its source to really bring out that wow factor that many tend to persue in their auditioning, so the Violetric's on-unit IEC power design should give it that slight edge in power delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back