help me choose mp3 player
Jan 2, 2004 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

CHINABOY1021

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have a mz-n505 and i dont like the fact its big, bunch of wires ( i use remote ), and has to convert to atrac and record.

so bascially im looking at the Samsung Yepp with 192mb. thats enough space for me.

my only question is...Quality wise, atrac vs 128bit mp3.

i saw a refunded samsung yepp at local tech store, i was wondering if there was any common problems.

any other suggest for small mp3 players?

Jan 2, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 8
The iRiver ones are awesome! I have the ifp-395T and I love it. It has great sound quality, good battery life and the biggest list of features you could imagine. Check out iRiver website for more info.

Ecost has good deals on the 128mb and 256mb versions of their older models which are still really good. They just lack line-in, ogg and direct mp3 encoding.

ifp-180T

ifp-190T

dj_digital

Jan 2, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 8
thanks for the quick informative reply. ive looked into that mp3 player too. i like it because its cheaper (i dont mind lower storage).

but it's still a hard decision. let me check out those links and some reviews

Jan 2, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 8
ive pretty much narrowed my options down. iFP-180T vs YP-55I

sound quality will win my money. other than the fact iriver needs me to install their program.

sound quality, any suggestions?

Jan 2, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Hrm. May I add another competitor to your list (not making your choice any easier, eh? Hate me!
very_evil_smiley.gif
)
I have a MPIO FL100 and I love it. Very good player, don't know how it would compare price-wise
with the players you are considering, but it might be worth the check
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #7 of 8
Hi Chinaboy,

I recently got the YP-55V, as the Iriver isn't availible locally here in Canada. Quality-wise, the sound is excellent. I'm no audiophile, but it does sound great.

Not only that, there's new firmware out for the YP-55 that allows you to use folder navigation/playlists, and you don't need software to transfer files.

I haven't had experience with the Iriver, so I can't comment on it, but you won't be dissapointed with the Samsung.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back