Help me choose headphones for under $300!
Oct 1, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #16 of 29
maybe also consider the new sennheiser urbanite XL. reviews so far have said that it is good, delivering great bass and good clarity.

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #20 of 29
Okay one more question.

The d2000s are like $350 used in "good" condition.

In "like new" condition they're $440

I've never owned real quality headphones before.. will they still last me long enough to be worth $350 if I get them used?

Do you recommend better headphones used, or cheaper hearphones new?

Thanks

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #21 of 29
Okay one more question.

The d2000s are like $350 used in "good" condition.

In "like new" condition they're $440

I've never owned real quality headphones before.. will they still last me long enough to be worth $350 if I get them used?

Do you recommend better headphones used, or cheaper hearphones new?

Thanks

They're discontinued so they are kinda rare nowadays. Hate to tell ya but I got them for $240 a couple years back brand new, so getting them used for much more is kinda a bummer. Plus you don't get the warranty. That's a hefty investment so as much as I love them, I think getting a newer headphone for less might be the way to go. Philips Fidelio X1 is considerably less and I enjoy it a lot at home, Then you can get a Creative Aurvana Live! for $60 for that Denon type of sound and still have money left

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #23 of 29
I just recommended to someone else the Beyerdynamic DT770/80ohm who had a similar price range.  Often the 770's were criticized for having too much bass, but if that is what you are looking for they maybe just what you need.  Granted they are not too stylish, but I got mine for $179US shipped; so you could do other upgrades, either to your system or the 770s.  Lots of info on this board about the various versions and mods for the 770 too...:)

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #24 of 29
Thanks.. I'm currently turn between those beyers and the d2000s. I'll be listening through a computer and amp, but also through a phone when I'm traveling. Will 80 work for android phones or do I need 32?

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #26 of 29
i find the Sennheiser momentum too laid back, warm and lacking in detail. the PSB M4U1 at the same price is much better

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #28 of 29
+1 for the 80 ohm version of the Beyers....dont like the sound of the 32, and the 250 doesnt play well without some sort of decent amplification.  I have the 80's now and plan to get 250's for an amp project.  They work fine with my Samsung S4, though I had to modify the non-oem case to get the 3.5mm jack to fit.  Besides that it sounds pretty good, battery life is questionable as I think the battery is dying in phone anyway and I usually use IEM for the phone anyway.  I will say my 80's took a good week of burn in(off and on in 9 hour shifts)....but they are durable as all get out too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back