Help me choose; Dragonfly Red vs O2&ODAC rev B combo
Jan 30, 2017 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

turkayguner

100+ Head-Fier
Hello gentle headfi community. I could not find a detailed comparison between those two DACs/AMPs and stuck between choosing one over the other. I will list my current headphones that I own and will request your help choosing Dragonfly Red or O2&ODAC rev B combo. I would be more than happy if you give your reasoning and if you have the similar pairing already or in the past.

My priority list is like this;

1) Audio quality. And what I understand about quality is tranparency. Lesser the coloring happier I am.
2) Price.
3) Portability. I can easily sacrifice it though. I carry a bag for most of the time so it won't hurt me much if I have to carry a power adapter with me.

Here are the headphones I own;

Shure SE846
Sennheiser HD650
Audio Technica M50x

I listen with HD650 at home, M50x or SE846 at office and SE846 when travelling, through TIDAL HIFI (got MQA on computer clients). I listen to almost any kind of music.

I decided to buy a new DAC/AMP because my Apogee ONE works with only with Apple devices that I own (iPad mini 4, iPhone 5s and Macbook Air 13") and I just built a Windows 10 PC for gaming at home. Also the Apogee ONE didn't pair up that good with SE846 and M50x. I like the plain iPad, iPhone and Macbook Air headphone out better than Apogee ONE's headphone out when listening with SE846 and M50x. I guess it is something with the high impedance output of the Apogee ONE which is 30 ohms.

Thanks for helping me out and a have a nice day!

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #3 of 3

Do you have both DAC/AMPs ? I would really appreciate it if you gave me a little bit more details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back