Help me choose between these earphones.
Sep 3, 2012 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NoGood

Head-Fier
Hello,

FIrst of all let me say that I previously was gonna go with the Sansa Clip+ and Sony MDR-EX600 but after reading some other reviews lately, I'm not sure anymore.

Someone mentioned that it's better to get the earphones and then decide for the source which seems better for me.
Being previously an owner of the Senns HD 558, I'm looking for a more *portable* type of gear. I see myself using the cans mostly for watching movies as I find sitting in front of the computer and listening to music on my own, quite uncomfortable.

Hence why I'm going the earphones/iem route. This way, I can enjoy my music while travelling or simply lying on the bed. Another thing I wanna add is that I may prefer the comfort of earbuds over IEMs(did find apple oem earphones to be comfy) due to not a big fan of in ear insertion of the buds.

After much and much of reading, I've basically been able to narrow it down to these:

ATH-CK10
FIscher Audio DBA-02 mkII
Vsonic GR07
Sony MDR-EX600

Now about my music preferences, it's quite varied. But it goes in this way: Rock, Pop, Metal, Classic, Reggae and some DnB/Trance.

I'm not sure if I'm sort of an analytical guy but sometimes(on the HD 558 for example), I do try to struggle to know what the lyrics are as it may happen that I don't understand/mis understand a word, if you know what I mean. I guess I prefer neutral sound or in a way, like the artist meant it to be heard, I do like a normal amount of bass but I'm not a die hard basshead.

And as far as usage go, I'll be using these on my laptop to watch movies(HD 1080/720p) and tv shows.

Any help/comment is highly appreciated and will really relieve me of all the headaches I'm getting atm making a decision :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back