Help me choose between these ~15 headphones... (I have done research, lots of it!)
Dec 9, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #16 of 22
OKAY, so after thinking about it I'm getting the AKG K81DJ as most of you guys suggested. One last thing:

Do they sound good with an iPod nano? (maybe a stupid question, but right now I have Phillips SEC HP200 that aren't loud enough, of course they are much cheaper, but I'm still wondering...)

\

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #19 of 22
Denon D1001k. A bit over your price range but worth it. I got mine for just over $80 shipped (amazon). They're closed, but let a bit of sound in. Very compact for over-ears too. And the sound quality is incredible without an amp.

Also, i got a HD201 for like $10 on ebay. They're great for the money but need an amp to sound good (even a FiiO works, though)

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #20 of 22
Got my wife a pair of the Panasonic RP-HTX7s, and they are pretty nice for the price point. Not to mention, they come with a removable extension to keep the cord short when you want it that way, but make it longer when you need it to be. Not sure they would be particularly good for DJing though.

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #21 of 22
Just slowly acquire all of them over the course of about 2 years.

Dec 12, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just slowly acquire all of them over the course of about 2 years.

That would be a feat! Buying only entry level headphones for two years. I don't think anyone on Head-Fi has managed that. That would take superhuman self-control
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back