Help me choose a player for my g/f
Jul 5, 2007 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Sebastianbf

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody

My girlfriend wants a portable player and I thought that you could help me helping her
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm looking for a flash based player of 1GB or more, with the best quality possible for 70 dollars or less. It would be very nice if it has drag and drop functionality and a screen (she doesn't care about watching videos).
My girlfriend is in Tampa right now, and I know she would prefer to buy the player in a store rather than online.

So.... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Jul 5, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastianbf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everybody

My girlfriend wants a portable player and I thought that you could help me helping her
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm looking for a flash based player of 1GB or more, with the best quality possible for 70 dollars or less. It would be very nice if it has drag and drop functionality and a screen (she doesn't care about watching videos).
My girlfriend is in Tampa right now, and I know she would prefer to buy the player in a store rather than online.

So.... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

You can get the Sansa Express for 50 bucks. Has a screen, drag and drop, and starts at 1gb and can go to 3gb with an expansion card.

Jul 5, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 17
The brand-new Creative Zen Stone Plus would have 2GB capacity and a screen, plus the drag and drop and an FM tuner ... right around your maximum. Currently, I've seen only the original Zen Stone (screenless, and 1GB) in stores, and maybe it's just me, but I've seen it only in black (which I in fact have, and like, having ordered it online when first announced ... the form factor is nice). The new Stone Plus would meet her needs -- if it's on the shelves in retail stores already. Check with K-Mart, for example ... maybe Target, Circuit City and Best Buy. [Edit: I don't think it would be available yet in a U.S. store, but it should be worth asking about, anyway. Should be out soon, though.]

Also, Samsung has some good-sounding low-capacity flash players in stores such as Best Buy. I'm pleased with my YP-U2, which is being replaced by two similar-looking players ... it's the one that looks like an iPod Shuffle but has a screen.

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #6 of 17
Best Buy Insignia Video

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #8 of 17
Amazon has through a third party seller a Pink Sony Noise Cancelling 1Gb player that comes with amazing quality buds that truly do block out noise. They have great sound, and the player gets 40-50 hours of battery per charge, depending on if you have the noise cancellation feature on or not. A great well designed player for a great price and pink to boot! Also has built in FM, OLED Screen, but Im telling you the headphones are worth the price of admission alone

Jul 5, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #9 of 17
Oh, and did i forget to mention its on there now for $59, about $65 shipped?

Jul 5, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #13 of 17
Sony also makes 2 and 4GB models of the aforementioned noise canceling player. For more info, go to amazon and type in "Sony Noise Canceling Mp3"

Jul 6, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #15 of 17
Thats fine. I would go with the Samsung T9. Nice small form, solid sound quality and battery life and big box stores carry it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back