Help me choose a phone!
Feb 2, 2014 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ThickGlasses

1000+ Head-Fier
I don't need apps, I don't need performance, and I certainly don't need it to be pretty. I would like you to pick me a phone! If possible, please choose from the list below. I will be using them either with KSC75's or PortaPro's. Thank you.

Wants:
Good SQ
Expandable memory
Anime cases available
--------------------------------

Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Nokia Lumia 1020
iPhone 4/S
Suggest one!

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 7
  I don't need apps, I don't need performance, and I certainly don't need it to be pretty. I would like you to pick me a phone! If possible, please choose from the list below. I will be using them either with KSC75's or PortaPro's. Thank you.

Wants:
Good SQ
Expandable memory
Anime cases available

Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S3
Nokia Lumia 1020
iPhone 4/S
Suggest one!

any of the Galaxy phones would do the job, I'd personally put the S4 at the top of my list, better battery life...
can't comment on the others, I haven't heard any of them
also consider the Sony Xperia Z1 compact

I don't think the iPhone offers expandable memory, does it?

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 7
  any of the Galaxy phones would do the job, I'd personally put the S4 at the top of my list, better battery life...
can't comment on the others, I haven't heard any of them
also consider the Sony Xperia Z1 compact

I don't think the iPhone offers expandable memory, does it?

Thanks for the input! I figured if the SQ was really good it might be worth it to sacrifice that.

Feb 2, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 7
  Thanks for the input! I figured if the SQ was really good it might be worth it to sacrifice that.

I see from your signature you have the Bose AE2. I sometimes use my Bose AE2w with the S4 and I think it sounds really good with quite a range of music, so if the AE2 are similar I can vouch for the S4...

Also have a search round the forum, there'll be plenty of info on the IPhone and other around, ditto your other headphones

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 7
Nexus 5 is better than the S4 and cheaper. It doesn't offer expandable storage though. If you're not bothered about apps why are you looking at smartphones anyway? Just get a dedicated player and a $20 'dumbphone'.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 7
  Nexus 5 is better than the S4 and cheaper. It doesn't offer expandable storage though. If you're not bothered about apps why are you looking at smartphones anyway? Just get a dedicated player and a $20 'dumbphone'.

My mother is insisting that I get a smartphone for some reason or another, I'm pretty sure It has something to do with getting a discount on plans if 3 people get phones, not to mention everyone in my family wants something other than a flip phone so they can play temple run or some other crap like that; if I had the choice, I'd be DoCoMo all the way.

Feb 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 7
  I see from your signature you have the Bose AE2. I sometimes use my Bose AE2w with the S4 and I think it sounds really good with quite a range of music, so if the AE2 are similar I can vouch for the S4...

Also have a search round the forum, there'll be plenty of info on the IPhone and other around, ditto your other headphones

I'd imagine they sound alike, so I might go with the S4. thnx m8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back