Help me choose a phone please :)
Sep 28, 2006 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

haastyle

Head-Fier
Hi,
I am in the market to buy a new pair of headphones, this time open air. I am currently looking to spend 100 bucks. I want to try myself a pair of Alessandro MS-1s. Anyone else got some other recommendations? It will be very much appreciated! I listen to Trance, and hard rock like system of a down and korn. I will use them for a bit of video gaming also, mainly counter-strike 1.6 and general web browsing watching videos and what not online.

Thanks for your time,
Haas

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 9
You already have the A900? The MS1 and A900 is a very good combo. Covers a lot of bases and are quite distinctive, especially in the midrange.

Sep 28, 2006 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 9
Well; I can't add anything new, but I can reinforce an MS-1 decision. Great Phones!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 9
hmm, can someone tell me what the real difference from an Alessandro and a normal grado really is? SR-80 looks good to me also, I have just seen a lot about the Alessandros so i was gonan check it out, apparently there is a dealer for Alessandros in my area, i am going to give them a call and see if they have them.

Thanks again!!
Haas

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5
Well; I can't add anything new, but I can reinforce an MS-1 decision. Great Phones!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I echo F1's comment here..they are some righteous cans for the clams man
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 9
Another question, would I have a problem powering the MS-1? with an mp3 player or any device without an amp?

Sep 28, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 9
The main Difference between Alessandro and Grado is that Alessandro is "tuned" to be more neutral. The Grado models are often considered to be more "fun" while the Alessandro versions are more analytical in nature.

From a specification standpoint, the MS-1 is very much like the SR-125. The MS-1 can be purchased with either 1/4 ot 1/8" plug, but comes with the "comfy" pads the same as the SR-60. Many folks do a "pad rolling" to pick the pads that suit them best. I liked the reversed and quarter modded Senns HD414 on my MS-1!!
smily_headphones1.gif

As far as an amp? No problem without an amp!! The MS-1 does great without an amp! The MS-1 is even 2db more efficient than the coresponding Grados!

....oh Yeah! Righteous cans indeed!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 9
thank you all for your help, i shall order these phones soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back