Help me choose a new TV...
Oct 3, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 9
actaully at this time i think samsung makes the best crt at a reasonable price. i picked up one of their 16 flat screens for the bedroom and the picture is great with satellite tv. i think sony was good in its day and is still living off that rep but they are no longer worth the premium they charge imho. have fun. getting a new tv is one of life's small pleasures

Oct 3, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
So the tube on my TV went...now I need a new one.

I've been looking at the future shop, best buy, etc...and I think my budget will be around $400 canadian. So far the best option I have seen has been this sony...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...0&catid=23519#

Im looking at Tube TVs at 27 inch...any help would be cool...

If you are looking for a direct view CRT I think your choice is a great one. As far as I am concerned Sony smokes everyone in this category.

Oct 3, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 9
I know I'm so excited...although I wish it happend later (my TV breaking) so that I had a little more disposable income to up my budget into the 700-800 dollar range...thanks for the tip on the sammys i'll have a look at what's available locally...

Oct 4, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 9
I just bought this one yesterday. They are on sale right now, and no other TV in the Circuit City I went to was close in terms of PQ. Sony Trinitron WEGA still is the king of CRT's.

Oct 4, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
I just bought this one yesterday. They are on sale right now, and no other TV in the Circuit City I went to was close in terms of PQ. Sony Trinitron WEGA still is the king of CRT's.

That's the exact one I linked to...so you like it? it looks like the best deal I've seen...$379, from $499...let me know any pros and cons as the sale ends on the 6th of October...

Oct 4, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #8 of 9
I'd get a Sony WEGA television, as they're the closest, as I've seen, to the accuracy of broadcast monitors. Plus, I wouldn't go smaller than a 24" diagonal size.

Oct 4, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
That's the exact one I linked to...so you like it? it looks like the best deal I've seen...$379, from $499...let me know any pros and cons as the sale ends on the 6th of October...

I've used the THX set up program from The Incredibles DVD, and I watched The Godfather on it. It was a very rich, very watchable picture, though it is apparent that the geometry is a bit off, with the guns firing a little too far to the left. That can only be corrected by getting into the setup menu, and I will ask over at avforum.com to see what can be done.

For a casual viewer though, if you use a basic setup disc or program, the picture will be wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back