Help me choose a new dap!
Aug 9, 2020 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Roderick

Headphoneus Supremus
I tried posting this to the help and recommendations section but got no replies, so I'll try here.

Must have:

- Ability to adjust channel balance. I have a -2db "hearing loss" in one ear. Just enough to mess up imaging.

- Price max 500€. I'm ok with buying used. I rather buy better used gear without warranty than new lesser gear. So please don't leave out suggestion in €700-800 range. Maybe I could get one used for 500€.

- Wifi. I plan on playing music through tidal.

- Good match for OG Andromeda. So no high output impedance stuff. Zx2 used to be what everyone recommended but I don't know what is the situation today.

- More power the better. Andros are the priority but would be nice to use fullsize headphones with it too.

- USB-C charging. I hate micro-usb.

- No bulging buttons that might get pressed accidentally. I have very bad experinces with Chord Mojo and sudden rise in volume.

Not that important:

- battery life. I would use it at home only so charging it frequently is not a problem.

- Size. It needs to be pocketable so I can walk around the house with it but it can be quite big. I just need to get pants with bigger pockets if that is going to be a problem :D

- Balanced connection. I have no intrest getting a dozen different balanced cables for all the headphones and iem's. So if dap has no balanced option it's fine.

- storage capacity. Don't need that much of space with tidal.

I was allmost decided on Sony zx2 but old non upgradable android with old version tidal is a turnoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back