Help me choose a Dap(s) for my Custom IEM's.
Oct 4, 2011 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Midnightcoffee

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

The big question is which DAPs work best with customs IEMs and why?

The rest (see below) is more specific to me...

I'll be purchasing the CT7's from Sleek Audio. I'll be needing a DAP(s) to accompany them. I'll need at least two DAP's. I say at least because i doubt there is one DAP that is ideal.

DAP 1 - for exercising needs to be ultra-portable
DAP 2 - any other time-can be anysize

I listen to Trance and Scream/PostHardcore

I had orginaly thought the Sansa Clip could fit both needs but then i got this message from Shizago:

Shizago: " For electronic the CT7 is perfect. I have a clip, too, and while it is good, the CT7 is sensitive and reveals a lot of hiss from it. I use rock box and an external card and every 15 or 20 seconds, the clip reads from it and makes a squealing sound. It is bad. If you can get beyond that, you will like it though hiss is higher than I like. 

My iPod touch I prefer (4G) for its noise floor, its stereo width, and because gapless songs just play without any tricks."

Then i read this thread about sansa clip and hiss

I think in the end for exercise the sansa clip/zip is going to be it for me, espcially considering shizago is using them (i assume) for his portable dap.

Any help would be great
Thanks

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 5

Why you would want to exercise with a pair of 700 dollar IEMs is beyond me, but to answer your question, a Cowon E2 would be very portable. I use it for running. As for home or office use, lots of choices! Just do a search. One of the HiFiMan models (e.g. 601) would be a good choice mated to your Sleek Audios.

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:

Why you would want to exercise with a pair of 700 dollar IEMs is beyond me, but to answer your question, a Cowon E2 would be very portable. I use it for running. As for home or office use, lots of choices! Just do a search. One of the HiFiMan models (e.g. 601) would be a good choice mated to your Sleek Audios.

If they can take stage performance why could they not take exercise?

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 5
I damaged one of my IEMs once due to sweat making contact with one of the drivers/connectors. I was running and sweating profusely. I'd be more concerned about getting hit by a truck though because it blocks out so much ambient noise. (Unless of course the OP is gym-bound for most of his exercise routines.)

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 5
Sorry to hear you damaged your IEM. I'm worried about that possibility as we.. i was worried enough that i forwarded the question to JH, Sleek audio, unique melody and universal ear and searched as many forums as i could find here on the subjected (i waste to much time...)

All the custom iem companies assured me that it shouldn't be a issue with sweat. The forums seemed to be very unscientific in terms of how or why peoples iems got damaged during exercise. I'm not going to assume that because person X exercised with headphone Y that it was the exercising that did it in.

As to why i would. Exercising is my only time to unwind, your never more alive then when your fighting for your life (or tricking your body into thinking it is)

but yea, im worred about it still :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back