Help! MDR-SA5000 re-cable?
Feb 21, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 23
Dang that sucks! sorry to hear that mate!

You could try to contact sony about this, but i doubt they would do much

If you are looking to have the cable fixed or upgrades you could try to contact [AK]Zip - he is our resident cable expert (imo)... he runs apuresound.com

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #5 of 23
If you have a even a modicum of soldering/cabling skills, then you can do it yourself. But from the way you phrased it, I'm guessing that you don't how to even start
smily_headphones1.gif
. You can seek a replacement cable and find an electronics repair shop in your area or as W.T. suggests, contact [AK]Zip who can do recabling for you. The SA5000 cable looks nice but it really sucks. Hope it works out...

Feb 21, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 23
thanx guys...yea im posting for a friend....n i don exactly trust my soldering skills anymore...its been too long...dat n im still a nub with stuff like this...thanks for da replies...

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could send them off to headphile if you want to drop a few bucks and get a nice cable... mine are 2.5m or so blackgold with XLR termination.

Headphile wont recable SA5000 neither will Headroom... Alex wwas nice enough to recable mine..

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by divinerice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanx guys...yea im posting for a friend....n i don exactly trust my soldering skills anymore...its been too long...dat n im still a nub with stuff like this...thanks for da replies...

Looks like your keyboard is broken too
biggrin.gif
Sum of da wurds is cumin out rong
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try contacting Drew at moon-audio.com as he does recable the SA5000.

I think he will only recable if you buy one of expensive cables to recable it with.. I would recommend buying a stock 650 cable & letting someone on the board recable it. Thats what I did..

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he will only recable if you buy one of expensive cables to recable it with.. I would recommend buying a stock 650 cable & letting someone on the board recable it. Thats what I did..

The SA5000 I bought off the forums here were supposedly recabled with the stock one, done by Drew at Moon Audio. I don't know about the validity of that however. But if you do get them recabled, DON'T use the stock Sony again-use something else like the HD 650 cable as kool bubba suggested or something more reliable.

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #14 of 23
sa5000 deserves upgrade cables. find out more about upgrade options while you are at all. alex does have wires of his own.

i've never seen any recabled sa5000 from moons but i dont think he would mind doing one with his cables. recable job on sa5000 is quite simple although it would be somewhat time consuming..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back