Help may have blown set of Corsair SP2500 !!!
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Saif

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Decided to invest in some mid-fi Corsair SP2500's

So far them I've paired them with my MacBook Pro and my lossless iTunes collection.

Ive got a Fiio E07k on its way in the post as well.

Anyway today, after being very impressed with the sound of the speakers, I decided to unplug them and try them with my iPhone.

As I was plugging them back into my Mac, and unaware that they were at full volume, they made a VERY loud buzzing/humming sound that happens when an audio cable comes into contact with anything metallic.

I thought this may have damaged them somewhat so decided to test this out.

Sure enough, when I increase the volume using the remote, this is now accompanied by a rattling sound. Im pretty sure this wasn't apparent before, doubt I am imagining it.

Also, when listening to soft female vocals at a moderately loud volume,  I noticed a distortion that I am almost certain was not present before.

Can someone confirm that this is symptomatic of a blown/damaged mid / tweeter or am I  imagining the whole thing ?

Thanks for your help guys

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hi guys,

Decided to invest in some mid-fi Corsair SP2500's

So far them I've paired them with my MacBook Pro and my lossless iTunes collection.

Ive got a Fiio E07k on its way in the post as well.

Anyway today, after being very impressed with the sound of the speakers, I decided to unplug them and try them with my iPhone.

As I was plugging them back into my Mac, and unaware that they were at full volume, they made a VERY loud buzzing/humming sound that happens when an audio cable comes into contact with anything metallic.

I thought this may have damaged them somewhat so decided to test this out.

Sure enough, when I increase the volume using the remote, this is now accompanied by a rattling sound. Im pretty sure this wasn't apparent before, doubt I am imagining it.

Also, when listening to soft female vocals at a moderately loud volume,  I noticed a distortion that I am almost certain was not present before.

Can someone confirm that this is symptomatic of a blown/damaged mid / tweeter or am I  imagining the whole thing ?

Thanks for your help guys

It is possible that its blown it possible your just worried that you damaged it to. try it for a few days and let your hearing be the judge it will most definitely tell your its blown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back