Help! Loud pops with M-Audio Sonica
Oct 18, 2004 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

clarke68

1000+ Head-Fier
Every now and then I get a really loud pop when I'm listening through the Sonica...it happens when click a link or something in an audio application. I have no problems with web browsers or Photoshop or anything, but often enough when I click a link in Rhapsody or skip ahead to the next tune in Windows Media Player.

Every usb soundcard/DAC combo I've used has some kind of unpleasant noise like this, but with the Sonica it's loud enough to be painful, and possibly dangerous to my 'phones and eardrums.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on making it go away? Recently I've just been turning the volume way down before doing anything that might set off an electronic firecracker in my ear.

Nov 26, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #3 of 9
My friend is having the same problem. Though I'd say it's more of a sound that resembles tearing a piece of paper. The sound pops every once in a while, like when it's loading webpages, etc.

Does anyone have any new info on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Nov 26, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 9
He's using the latest driver from the M-Audio website.

Nov 26, 2004 at 8:13 AM Post #7 of 9
Maybe. Is there a way of adjusting the latency?

Nov 26, 2004 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
He's using the latest driver from the M-Audio website.

Those are version 1220. Version 1205 is assumed to be better, you can download it from here. But I guess the problem isn't caused by the drivers...

Nov 26, 2004 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks. But I think that the problem is with my friend's USB ports. Now USB mouse isn't working properly, and we tested it in another computer and it worked fine.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back