Help...Lost & Confused...Please Help Me Choose A Good IEM!
May 6, 2007 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
Hi...I'm so lost & confused.

I am looking for a good quality & comfortable IEM to use with my mp3 player (all my music is encoded in FLAC).

I want the most expansive soundstage presentation of nearly any IEM along with accurate and rich reproduction of even intensely demanding music. I want an IEM that will deliver amazingly precise highs, mids, low frequencies up & down the entire audio spectrum with a well-extended treble range and a full-sounding, evenly balanced bass response.

Thank You.

May 7, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Get westone 3 or e500 and save the headache of upgrading.

Okay whats the difference between the Shure E500 ($499), Shure SE530
($499) & Shure SE530PTH ($549)???

Out of these 3 which would suit me the best?

Thanx.

May 7, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 13
All three are the exact same thing except you get a couple new accessory and the black foamies with SE530 and SE530PTH.

The one that has PTH (e500pth and se530 pth) well... has the PTH module, a gadget-like mic that lets you hear outside surrounding while you are wearing the IEM.

You are better off going to Shure website, they tell everything you need to know about PTH.

Keep your eyes open for Westone 3 though, it has glowing review from Mr Ray Samuels himself and some thinks that it is better than E500 as well.

May 7, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 13
What kinda of music do you listen to and price range?
If price is no object then I recommend the Ultimate Ears 10 pro's. Can't beat the comfort and regarded highly for sound. Or if your looking to stick with non custom iem's the triplefi 10pro's. I have personally not heard the es3 westones but westones are usually highly regarded as well to consider and the um3's should be released soon.

May 7, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 13
I would recommend Westone3 if you can wait for its release in May. Or if you can't wait for them, go for E500s, but I'm pretty positive that the 3's will trump them. In terms of custom, UE10Pro or ES2 will be the way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kinda of music do you listen to and price range?
If price is no object then I recommend the Ultimate Ears 10 pro's. Can't beat the comfort and regarded highly for sound. Or if your looking to stick with non custom iem's the triplefi 10pro's. I have personally not heard the es3 westones but westones are usually highly regarded as well to consider and the um3's should be released soon.

It's called Westone3, not UM3.

May 7, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #7 of 13
Okay if the Westone 3 trumps the E500 then its the 3 otherwise it's the E500 for sure.

Thanx all...it seems my search is over for the best universal IEM...it comes down to the 3 Vs. E500.

Thank You.

May 7, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 13
I would recomend the UE triplefi 10pros. They universal fit 3 driver IEM that IMO has the best sound around. I've heard all the big contenders for the universal IEM in the international meet and the UE blew the others away very easily! I'll get myself a pair when I can afford.

May 8, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #10 of 13
I want you to put things in perspective for me...How much better is the Shure E500 than the Audio Technica CK7?

One is a triple driver IEM, the other is a single driver canal phone.

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being best).

Thanx.

May 9, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #12 of 13
i'd go w/ the westone 3 after reading Ray's glowing review of it... i mean hey.. if it manages to impress somebody who's accustomed to listening to the R10... that should be saying something about them right? ... but yeah... the wait is excruciating...

May 9, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsky5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want you to put things in perspective for me...How much better is the Shure E500 than the Audio Technica CK7?

One is a triple driver IEM, the other is a single driver canal phone.

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being best).

Thanx.

Not to be obnoxious but since you’re in a urban area why not go out and try several of the ones recommended to decide which is best for you? Which is best is, as with most things very subjective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back