[Help] Lend me your golden ears
Jan 20, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 7
Caveat , I`m not going to register over there to poll, nor have "Golden Ears"..
Ah, yeah, no, you don't have to register. I mean, your telling me here as you did works just fine for me. Thank you!

Vote E though, coming from a keen podcast listener.
E is currently leading the poll by a wide marging, yet it's the dark horse: an app/plugin created entirely by one person. For Mac only, unfortunately, and I have a PC! :triportsad:

GL with your craft:)
Thank you. If you have time, listen to one or two of the samples here and tell me what you think. :ksc75smile:

Jan 23, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 7
I posted seven short audio samples and a poll on Gearspace (a forum about audio recording):

Six de-reverb apps compared

Should you have time to lend your golden ears (and gear) to the experiment, please do! I did my own listening using the ER4SR and the 4.A, a CIEM made by the Wizard.
No Golden Ears but, Choosing E as well, preserves your voice the best whilst getting rid of the reverb/room noise. B was 2nd, got rid of the ac but not the room as well. D for 3rd since it did not mitigate ac as well and affected your voice. C better than F. A sounded way too processed, so worse overall imo.

Several edits to this cause of re-listening.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #6 of 7
Le Dragon et la Damoiselle, whatever production choices you made there:beerchug:

Different mic, among other factors. For my Gearspace samples, I went with the MKH 416, the most used microphone in movie history. For Le Dragon et la Damoiselle, I went with the MD 441. The MD 441 has been called the most condenser-like of dynamic microphones because of its clarity, but for me it's the most ribbon-like of dynamic microphones because of its velvety sound. It's a really wonderful mic with very good sound rejection from the sides and, to a lesser extent, back. In my experience, though, it can be a b-- er, challenge to place right. Not just because it's heavy, but because its sound can change quite a bit depending on its positioning. It's partly due to its being a hypercardioid--which is the reason for its excellent sound rejection from the sides--so that advantage is also a disadvantage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back