Help~ i've lost my CD for emu 0404!!
Jan 22, 2006 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
after like a whole year, at last i was bothered to get the cables, amp, and all the virus' out of the way to use my emu 0404

i put it in.

but wheres my installatoin CD?? i've tried lookin over the net, even torrents! but there was nothing. any way i could download or get hte programs like patchmix and stuff!!???

urgent!

thanks so much!

Jan 22, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 13
acutally i've trired downlaoding it. i install it perfectly and restart my pc.

afterwards i run the patchmix program. i get an error.

"This application cannot run, because we cannot find ctosuser.dll, reinstalling should solve this problem."

(translated from chinese but meaning is the same)

tried reinsatlling and gives me the same thing. anyone know what this means? (expect that i might be screwed?hahaha)

Jan 22, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 13
Are you using a Creative Audigy 2 card at the same time. I don't remember the exact error it gives but shared DLL's are one of the symptoms. These two cards are based on a lot of the same architecture. Creative and Emu didn't get their crap together and make sure the drivers could run at the same time. If you've got a creative card you're gonna have to decide which to use.

Jan 22, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Are you using a Creative Audigy 2 card at the same time. I don't remember the exact error it gives but shared DLL's are one of the symptoms. These two cards are based on a lot of the same architecture. Creative and Emu didn't get their crap together and make sure the drivers could run at the same time. If you've got a creative card you're gonna have to decide which to use.

this can also be an issue with any other sound card install on the system including onboard. Uninstall all sound card drivers and remove the emu. If you have onboard sound you can either not install the drivers or you could disable the device in bios.

Jan 22, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 13
I use a 0404 and an audigy 2 in my same PC and they seem to get along.

Brian is right,you shold totally uninstall every software including the audigy.I would also recommend trying out programs called reg cleaner so you can really get a more fresh install.

Feb 3, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 13
well after a few weeeks of lazing around i just took my soundmax digital away and tried to use the DSP patch mix program.

SAME problem.

and btw, when my emu JUST arrive with the CD, it was compatible with the soundmax card. i think the largest problem here is cause i dont have the CD. i dont know why the patch mix doesnt work. it says it doesnt have that file!

Feb 3, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #10 of 13
hey dude! that sounds great. but i dont understand"

"Since I have a multi-boot system I went and tried the other 64-bit windows and installed the driver without uninstalling the old ones and it went fine. althought it still says the drivers are expired, they still work fine. "

how do u "try the other 64-but windows"????

and if u could send it to me...
tongue.gif
that would really be even beter ^_^ cause im relaly a computer newbie and system stuff relaly confuses me...
if you are willing to send to me, please send to me to: rob1031@gmail.com or add me on msn: robmok88@hotmail.com

thanks so much for your trouble man!

Feb 4, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1031
hey dude! that sounds great. but i dont understand"

"Since I have a multi-boot system I went and tried the other 64-bit windows and installed the driver without uninstalling the old ones and it went fine. althought it still says the drivers are expired, they still work fine. "

how do u "try the other 64-but windows"????

and if u could send it to me...
tongue.gif
that would really be even beter ^_^ cause im relaly a computer newbie and system stuff relaly confuses me...
if you are willing to send to me, please send to me to: rob1031@gmail.com or add me on msn: robmok88@hotmail.com

thanks so much for your trouble man!

Sent the file to your gmail account. Don't worry about all that stuff. Just try sticking it in your windows/system32 folder like it says and try reinstalling it.

Feb 4, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #12 of 13
Well now patchmix loads and works, but there's an error again!
frown.gif

"You don't appear to have E-MU PCI or Cardbus hardware in your system, or the drivers are incorrectly installed. Check your hardware or reinstall E-MU drivers. You may continue limited editing of PatchMix DSP Sessions but you will hear no audio"

Well, i know that the EMU sound card is definately is definately IN my PC and working as windows has that thing at start up "found new hardward" and install it.

im wondering if i need other software to install the E-mu 0404 driver ? i mean, i dont have the CD, so i cant get stuff from there, and from the info i got here, i thought i just need the PatchMix program. But now it seems that i need to "install" the driver somehow. but i do not have the CD

thanks for all the help so far, but i think i jus need a little more for this to work~! thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back