HELP! is this a Fake SHURE SE315-CL?
Jul 3, 2013 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jcagara08

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I am looking to buy locally a one month used shure se315s but I am having a doubt on its authenticity since there is no box, no small bag for placing everything - missing and more over the terminal 3.5 jack is a straight end and not in 90 degrees?!!! I did a lot of research and could not seem to find any fake/counterfeit production.
here it is;
http://abudhabi.dubizzle.com/classified/electronics/mp3-players-and-portable-audio/apple-ipod/2013/7/1/16gb-iphone-shure-hifi-earpone-315i-good-p-3/?back=YWJ1ZGhhYmkuZHViaXp6bGUuY29tL3NlYXJjaC8%2Fa2V5d29yZHM9aXBvZCZpc19iYXNpY19zZWFyY2hfd2lkZ2V0PTEmaXNfc2VhcmNoPTE%3D&pos=9
please help before I throw out hard earned cold cash..

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 6
I doubt it is a fake, this is more likely to be a repair job done on a broken jack. The coloration on the cables seem to indicate that it is rather old. I'd say at least one year old.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #3 of 6
whoah thanks a lot for the heads up ronald ugh i mean Parall3l!!
Yeah for sure there are plenty of replacement cables offered online right like that of the Fiio
copper or silver? which is more better? 

Jul 3, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
whoah thanks a lot for the heads up ronald ugh i mean Parall3l!!
Yeah for sure there are plenty of replacement cables offered online right like that of the Fiio
copper or silver? which is more better? 

Copper or silver will likely not matter much, if at all. Shure's own replacement cable with mic would be my recommendation since the shure cables are perfectly fine in my book.

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 6
I completely agree Parall3l. It seems like jack was broken and the owner of the headphones changed the jack with a cheap jack. I would also suggest a Shure replacement cable. Look for the one with the mic if you are planning to use it with a smartphone.

Jul 10, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah so I went ahead and bought the thing, I guess all reviews with this IEMs really is true, soundstage is very good, mids and highs are good enough including the low end, though low ends aren't really that booming and less extension but overall sound for me (subjective nature of headphones) is neutral. Bass is good once in a while but nowadays when I listen to rap hip hop, I tend to get ear fatigue and headache being a former basshead. I tend to love the overall sound of these 315s and very much worth the purchase, if later on this will break down, will definitely upgrade to the 535s or the 846s if time and resources apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back