HELP! Is my pair of Shure SE530 fake?
Apr 3, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #16 of 35
Oh, they're definitely the real deal... have fun with those!!

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #20 of 35
I bought mine new from one of the retail shure "etailers" linked off their website - for $330 new. The website price was $500, but if you called they would tell you what the discounted price is.

The thing that made me nervous about ebay was that shure apparently won't honor warranties from non partner sellers listed on their website.

(mine don't have the PTH btw, it is probably a tad more than 330$ with that)

Apr 3, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #21 of 35
when i had mine, thought they may be fake, i still dont know, they looked real, but the sound wasnt too special, of course i couldnt compare,

the warranty also worried me

guess i will never know

Apr 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #22 of 35
BTW, since no one said it,

Welcome to head-fi! Sorry about your wallet!

Apr 5, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #25 of 35
does anyone know if Shure actually demands look at proof of purchase?

I've read mixed reviews about it.. some say shure doesn't even ask about the invoice.. some say you need to show it...

Apr 5, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #26 of 35
I have no experience with the product in question so I can't comment.

But I have heard reports of counterfeit products originating from China that are visually indistinguishable from the real thing (bags, wallets, and even to iPods).

in my other hobby (photography) it is well known that there are a lot of counterfeit memory cards like Sandisk that are visually identical to the real thing right down to the packaging and openly sold in streets in Chinese cities (and so is the eBay). They would even work but without the reliability and the transfer speed of the real thing.

Not to imply that the Shure is a fake, but these counterfeiters would go to great length to get what they want and their proficiency is not to be underestimated.

Apr 28, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #27 of 35
perhaps your friend envied your new investment?

lol

Apr 28, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #28 of 35
well i feel sorry for u if they break because shure doesn't honor ebay purchases. only products purchased through an authorized dealer which they list on their website. but those are mos def real my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back