HELP! Is my pair of Shure SE530 fake?
Apr 3, 2008 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

dcohen88

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I bought a pair of Shure SE530 off ebay recently for $350 (including the PTH module and 'premium' accessory pack) and they arrived a few days ago.

A friend of mine who works at an electronics store told me (just after I'd paid for them) that they were probably fakes

What I wanted to know is what is the likelihood that they're fake, and if there's anything I should look for to determine if they are or not. Or for example, any tests I could run.

I've already been to a store but they don't have the SE530 available for demo (and they couldn't locate their SE420 demo pair).

As for sound quality, to me they sound great; however these are the first pair of high-end (and noise-isolating for that matter) earphones that I have purchased.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS I live in Australia.

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pictures? That would probably help with the diagnosis.

I can post these again at a higher resolution if it'll help.

N95-IMG779.jpg

N95-IMG780.jpg

N95-IMG781.jpg

N95-IMG782.jpg

N95-IMG783.jpg

N95-IMG784.jpg

N95-IMG785.jpg

Thanks

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 35
I'm pretty sure it's the real thing, it would be an incredible effort to pull fake packaging like that. They look just like the E500 that I had.

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #10 of 35
It looks real enough for me. I'm just wondering what would make your friend to accuse your phones to be fake? Just based on the selling price alone without having to look the the actual phones? It sounds like someone deserve a serious KITA (kick in the a$*)
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #12 of 35
@ Everyone.
This good news calls for a change of avatar!

@ go_vtec
Yeah I think he was mainly judging it on the selling price. He looked up how much his store was buying it for at cost price, AUD$454 (they sell for at least $750 here in Australia), and since I only paid AUD$405 inc. shipping he reckoned it was too suspicious. Last time I take his advice!

I know where I'll be coming when I need some important questions answered

Apr 3, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #13 of 35
Oh and also another factor that added to the panic was that the seller didn't use PayPal (which would have made getting a refund easy) but instead used MarketWorks (or something like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back