Help is here! You don't need to buy high end audio...
Jun 20, 2004 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

eiekal

New Head-Fier
You just need to get laid
biggrin.gif

I'm new and I'm sure this publish essay made the rounds but I just read it and had to chuckle.

http://www.unm.edu/~psych/faculty/waste.htm

So who here has a Orpheus?
eek.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

While the Vivancos are merely good headphones, the Sennheisers are peacock’s tails and nightingale’s songs.

he hasnt heard them, i suppose, huh.
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 24
It's easy - according to this article, it's enough to buy the Orpheus and drive a Porsche to have women fighting for you...
orphsmile.gif

What a load of ***. The author is not only deaf, I feel he has some inferiority complex about his own sexuality, and tries to explain his problems with the opposite sex by telling around that girls only like guys with big wallets, which is a pretty primitive stereotype.

There was an interesting test made by VIVA. They took two regular guys, gave them two totally different cars - one got a brand new BMW 325i convertible, and the other one - a 30 year old Citroen 2CV (like in the old Luis de Funes movies). They were both supposed to drive downtown and try to pick up girls. Results at the end of the day?
BMW guy: none.
2CV guy: two immediate dates, two already booked for the next day.
So much for the stereotypes and pseudo-scientific essays.

Jun 20, 2004 at 10:24 AM Post #7 of 24
Although not totally wrong this essay is ridiculously one-dimensional.
We have hundreds of thousands sociologists nowadays in Europe.
Many of them seem to be leeches, armed with terminology, which have found their niche.
In order to justify their existence inside the scientific world they have to produce papers.
Contact to reality is not required.

Jun 20, 2004 at 10:56 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Although not totally wrong this essay is ridiculously one-dimensional.
We have hundreds of thousands sociologists nowadays in Europe.
Many of them seem to be leeches, armed with terminology, which have found their niche.
In order to justify their existence inside the scientific world they have to produce papers.
Contact to reality is not required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spilner
It's easy - according to this article, it's enough to buy the Orpheus and drive a Porsche to have women fighting for you...
orphsmile.gif

What a load of ***. The author is not only deaf, I feel he has some inferiority complex about his own sexuality, and tries to explain his problems with the opposite sex by telling around that girls only like guys with big wallets, which is a pretty primitive stereotype.

There was an interesting test made by VIVA. They took two regular guys, gave them two totally different cars - one got a brand new BMW 325i convertible, and the other one - a 30 year old Citroen 2CV (like in the old Luis de Funes movies). They were both supposed to drive downtown and try to pick up girls. Results at the end of the day?
BMW guy: none.
2CV guy: two immediate dates, two already booked for the next day.
So much for the stereotypes and pseudo-scientific essays.

aside from the fact that that was hardly a scientific test since a. the sample size was hopelessly inadequate and b. two different guys were used, it's a fact that wealth, power and influence attract women. imo any attempt to deny that not only seems escapist in nature, but hopelessly idealist. fine, so material wealth doesnt figure for much in your life - but it may, and does, in the lives of others.

dont any of you guys watch reality dating shows, let alone go out?
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

dont any of you guys watch reality dating shows, let alone go out?
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
Well... No, I don't watch "reality dating shows", I just don't feel the need to do that.

Instead, I love meeting girls. They bring a lot of joy and sunshine into our dark world. And although there is a certain kind of girls, who are attracted to the money and to the money only, I rarely meet any of them. Those who I meet, go out with, have fun with don't seem to do that "money factor" selection.
The selection they always make, however, is more like "snob factor". Guys who flash their wallets are dismissed immediately and not taken into consideration. That's why I never take my car when I meet someone for the first time, I don't want to be considered a snob. A romantic walk in the park or watching sunsets together is a much better idea. And it pays off, believe me.
evil_smiley.gif

You don't have to convince me that material wealth is important in life. But it's not a good idea to flash it from the start, because you'll end up with a girl who wants your money and not you.

Jun 20, 2004 at 11:33 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by spilner
You don't have to convince me that material wealth is important in life. But it's not a good idea to flash it from the start, because you'll end up with a girl who wants your money and not you.

hey - we think the same way!
smily_headphones1.gif

and you're lucky that you meet such girls. imo they are sadly just becoming all too quickly a rare commodity in the world.

Jun 20, 2004 at 11:58 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
imo they are sadly just becoming all too quickly a rare commodity in the world.

Think so? Hmmm. I'd say there's still plenty of them...
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, if the unspeakable happens and they're all gone someday - we'll always have our headphones, won't we?
600smile.gif

Jun 20, 2004 at 3:56 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by eiekal
You just need to get laid
biggrin.gif

I'm new and I'm sure this publish essay made the rounds but I just read it and had to chuckle.

http://www.unm.edu/~psych/faculty/waste.htm

So who here has a Orpheus?
eek.gif

Good to see my university is using their brain power for good!
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back