Help in selling gear on head fi
Jun 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

InternetSandman

Head-Fier
I have a few pieces of audio gear I wanna sell, but having never sold anything that needed to be shipped before I'm uncertain as to how to do this. Obviously I wanna ensure that I get paid and that the buyer is able to receive whatever I'm selling safely and timely. There seems to be a warning about using paypal on the classifieds page, so that adds to my confusion a bit, but any help or advice you can give me as to the process would be greatly appreciated :)

P.S. This is my third time submitting this message, something weird happened the first time, and the second time it was under the impression that I had already submitted the form, so I'm really hoping this isn't a triple post that i can't see for some reason

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 6
Ppal works fine...i think the warning is about paying as gift option, which leads the buyer not to be covered by insurance.

you sell sth: buyer sends you funds, once you get it you ship it to location. ..

not really complicated actually

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 6
There isn't a warning against using Paypal. Here's the deal -

When you send money on Paypal, you have 2 options for the transfer: send money as a payment for goods or service, for which there is a small surcharge attached that goes to Paypal (i believe it's 3.5%), OR send money as a gift, which under certain conditions does NOT incur a surcharge. However, if you send money as a gift, your purchase is not protected by Paypal, so if anything goes wrong in the deal or you get scammed, Paypal can't help you. If you do it the right way with a surcharge, you have more protections.

Using Paypal is absolutely fine, just do your research and be aware of this.

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 6
And tell them you're not responsible for loss while shipping IF YOU USE TRACKED (and eventually insured) shipments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back