Help in selecting 2.0 Speakers
Nov 2, 2010 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

abhijollyguy

100+ Head-Fier
Hello guys, I have recently bought Plasma Television and I want to buy 2.0 speakers for this. What I want in a sound is that the vocals should be excellent which do not distort a bit even on full volume of the speakers, Second thing I need is clarity, it should be awesome in clarity and the third thing I need is bass, bass should be deep and punchy but not at all boomy, I hate boomy bass. Treble should be smooth.

Budget is b/w 300$ - 400$.

I've narrowed down some choices:

1. M-Audio BX5a Deluxe
2. Swans D1080MKII08
3. Audioengine A5

Which one will be the best according to my sound preferences?

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 11
krk rokit6 is in your budget too.. it has a 6 inch driver, i would give u more volume and more bass

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #3 of 11
I don't have audiophile ears but I can tell you what I think I've heard from browsing these forums..just in case you don't get many responses. And I own a bx5a deluxe set.
A5 have great bass but maybe not the cleanest, but it's definitely more present over the bx5a deluxe.  That said, the bx5a deluxe have 'some' base, but not like you'd get from rokit6 or a5. 
Bx5a have great clarity, not 100% sure on full volume since they'd probably be heard throughout the entire apartment complex and then some through my little dorm room. Bx5a base I don't believe has the best clarity however, not the crispest but I wouldn't say boomy at all. 

GL, and yea if I were you I'd consider rokit6 since it's in your budget.. it wasn't in mine.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
I don't have audiophile ears but I can tell you what I think I've heard from browsing these forums..just in case you don't get many responses. And I own a bx5a deluxe set.
A5 have great bass but maybe not the cleanest, but it's definitely more present over the bx5a deluxe.  That said, the bx5a deluxe have 'some' base, but not like you'd get from rokit6 or a5. 
Bx5a have great clarity, not 100% sure on full volume since they'd probably be heard throughout the entire apartment complex and then some through my little dorm room. Bx5a base I don't believe has the best clarity however, not the crispest but I wouldn't say boomy at all. 

GL, and yea if I were you I'd consider rokit6 since it's in your budget.. it wasn't in mine.

hmmm, ok thanku lemme search and find more about rokit6.

Quote:
krk rokit6 is in your budget too.. it has a 6 inch driver, i would give u more volume and more bass

Thanks a lot for ur input. I am searching its reviews to know more about this speaker set and I need to look that is it available in India or not.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 11
KRK Rokit 6 is completely out of my budget. Plz tell me and help me as KRK Rokit 6 is completely out of my budget.
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #7 of 11
Nov 3, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 11
Nov 3, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 11
I'm using a pair of Yamaha HS50M, and I'm happy with them, some will say they lack bass but for instrumental and acoustic and orchestra which I am into, they're very capable in treble and clarity if not better than the others I have heard in the price range of 400USD in USA. I got them here for 450USD from a musical instrument shop. I will add the companion sub later, that's why I went with these, you can't really improve a speaker clarity and treble performance, for bass just add a good sub.

Nov 3, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Hello guys, I have recently bought Plasma Television and I want to buy 2.0 speakers for this. What I want in a sound is that the vocals should be excellent which do not distort a bit even on full volume of the speakers, Second thing I need is clarity, it should be awesome in clarity and the third thing I need is bass, bass should be deep and punchy but not at all boomy, I hate boomy bass. Treble should be smooth.

Budget is b/w 300$ - 400$.

I've narrowed down some choices:

1. M-Audio BX5a Deluxe
2. Swans D1080MKII08
3. Audioengine A5

Which one will be the best according to my sound preferences?

Are you running the sound directly out of your TV to the speakers? These are self powered speakers. It seems like you can get better ones with your budget if you look at passive speakers.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Are you running the sound directly out of your TV to the speakers? These are self powered speakers. It seems like you can get better ones with your budget if you look at passive speakers.

Yes, I will run AE5 directly out of my TV and later will add amplifier when I have money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back