Help in Choosing an Amp
Apr 27, 2022 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Unterstuffz

100+ Head-Fier
Hello sorry to bother!
I am a little lost and mybe you can help me !
I am searching for an amp for some while and tried a few but none of the one i tried are cutting it.
What i looking for is a clean detailed amp that has a emphasis on bass/ lowend and presentation without sacrificing clarity (but is still fun ).
what i tried so far are
Xduoo TA 20 = good lowend but details an clarity are meh and because of the tubes it has a light noisefloor.
Zen Can = my current amp low end is good but high mids an highs are a little dull .
i dont know if the amp im searching for even exist in my research i found nothing that has put me on the right track so maybe you guys have a recommendation for me, budget ist moderate so max. 999 Euro ^^.

Thanks a bunch

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 5
Just from what I've had, the ones I'd recommend like you describe would be the Magni Heresy with Topping d10s (sharp filter is great for music) or Khadas time board. The THX Drop 789 with the Topping d10s is great for music also, and good drum dynamics compared to the SP200 which is flatter.
Both are fun, but the Heresy has grunt and d10s has a 22khz filter which I think sounds best for music in it's price range. I still think the filter on the Tone board makes singers like Adele and lower notes on a piano sound best. Also the Drop One amp was fun too for a THX amp with the most depth of soundstage of any thx amps I've tried.
I think the Magni 3 though was a little warmer than the Heresy, but not like a tube amp, with the modi 3 DAC it was meaty sounding and treble forgiving on bright headphones.

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 5
Hello,
Do you have the Dac?
The Xudoo wouldn't have been bad the requirements would have been to replace the stock tubes.
Otherwise I would suggest the Lake People G103 S, a Questyle cma400i would be a good deal more advanced as a dac/amp combo.
Singxer Sa 1 is an incredibly good standalone amp and also popular.
As a Dac combination to the Lake People and Singxer a Topping E30,Allo Revolution Dac,Zen Dac Signature certainly better than the Zen can and progressive on the way.

Apr 28, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Lake People or Violectric (same company) which is made in Germany. Awesome quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back